Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,

DA9 B18a (turbo) V B18c

hey guys im wondering wots the diff is there much

im not just tokin bout one has turbo one dont

is insurance more then other? and fuel?

and wot bout traction and stuff

and where can i get a turbo kit for one????

anyone one done anythin like that to a DA9?

nope but once u find a turbo kit let me know!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    been discussed many times. SEARCH
    go get some quotes and compare bro,
    other wise youll open up something you might regret
    (a big arguement that leads to no where)
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    why not go b18c turbo

turbo > vtec definitly (IMO)

u can import turbo kits or i think there are SOME in aus sumwhere over east, there around 3 grand upwards. installation will cost a bit depending on who u kno :P

and traction is always a concideration you need to take, but practise ur take offs and ull get little spin after a while (if you are having traction probs)
    The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    yeh but wont u loose traction if u have vtec aswell

i have been reading somethin about vtec torque curves tend to stay even thats y when take off its harder to get the initial chirp off the wheels...

the car needs to b practical aswell because it still is a daily driver

my engine is comin up to 233000kms on the clock so will prob need replacing soon right?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    i have a gsi and i get lots of wheel spin if i launch it hard, i know a vtec will spin even more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A-man
    yeh but wont u loose traction if u have vtec aswell
    Are you talking about traction issues on take off? Or traction issues on accelerating on a rolling start? Or traction issues in the wet around the corner?

I don't understand the context of your question...

Member Array
    Car:
    '91 Integra DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by A-man
    my engine is comin up to 233000kms on the clock so will prob need replacing soon right?
    If you look after your engine it should last you for another 100,000 kms.

FR33k's engine blew at 380,000kms from memory..

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 8
    i wouldnt recommend vtec turbo, vtec is not designed to be turboed in the eyes of many people including myself. id stick with one or the other. If u have problems with traction then u may want to look into traction bars and ur definately going to need sum good tyres to give u a little bit more grab, possibly look at sum semi slicks as they are the closest thing ull get to a track tyre that is road legal.
    IMO i would recommend going the b18c as its a bit more unique and there is nothing like seeing a NA car take down turbo.
    as locote said "search" is ur frend.

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    Quote Originally Posted by IN73GZ
    i wouldnt recommend vtec turbo, vtec is not designed to be turboed in the eyes of many people including myself. id stick with one or the other. If u have problems with traction then u may want to look into traction bars and ur definately going to need sum good tyres to give u a little bit more grab, possibly look at sum semi slicks as they are the closest thing ull get to a track tyre that is road legal.
    IMO i would recommend going the b18c as its a bit more unique and there is nothing like seeing a NA car take down turbo.
    as locote said "search" is ur frend.
    Thats true! Vtec + Turbo = Problems, I've heard of people that have had Vtec Turbo cars and later on experienced problems with the Vtec kicking in and al sorts of stuff, I've also heard that One of the problems comes from the Solenoid that engages the Vtec, it plays up due to increased heat from the Oil which runs through the Turbo which gets super hot and pressure problem from running the stock oil pump, remember Oil is the entire life of not only your engine but of Vtec also.
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Quote Originally Posted by LO_N_SXC
    Thats true! Vtec + Turbo = Problems, I've heard of people that have had Vtec Turbo cars and later on experienced problems with the Vtec kicking in and al sorts of stuff, I've also heard that One of the problems comes from the Solenoid that engages the Vtec, it plays up due to increased heat from the Oil which runs through the Turbo which gets super hot and pressure problem from running the stock oil pump, remember Oil is the entire life of not only your engine but of Vtec also.
    Oil will only drastically increase in temperature if you are constantly beating hard on your engine. Now, the only case I can imagine this, is in a track car scenario, certainly not on the street. In which case, an oil cooler is nearly mandatory.

VTEC + Turbo does NOT EQUAL PROBLEMS.

Thats like saying, TURBO + HIGH RPM EFFICIENT CAM SHAFTS = PROBLEMS.

Vtec simply allows torque to be held until higher rpm. With a large enough turbo, this means that your torquey chunk can be raised by say 25% of your rpm. (6000rpm -> 7800rpm for example). Same torque at 25% higher rpm = 25% more power.

So if you like making less power, then boost a non-vtec engine. The trade off in this case is price. A B18C will probably cost as much as all turbo parts for a B18A; I sure know which one I would prefer...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    dollars = power .
    every one knows that