Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS

Koni Yellow in LS Teg

I just tried to install a pair of Koni yellows into the front of my teg and I found that:

a) the stock brake cable collar does not go onto the Koni shock easily.
    b) the suspension fork does not go onto the Koni shock easily.

The shocks are specifically for a DA and not for DC/EG or any other application.
    The fork can be opened up but then the top bolt holes aren't aligned.

Has anyone else had and dealt with this problem? I don't feel like stuffing around. I'd like to attach the fork to the shock off the car, but then I don't think there's room to put the whole unit back in.

I'll be taking it to the workshop if it means less headache. Stuff annoys me when it doesn't work like it should.
    Too old for bodykits

you dont have to use the front brake line holder - perhaps try cable ties etc.

Also , the fork wont "slide" onto the shock - if it did it would be too lose and probably slide out during hard cornering etc (even with the 14mm bolt holding in the rear) I find by lightly tapping the 2 lowest parts of the fork with a rubber or wooden mallet from below , it will slowly move into place. Make sure the rear of the shock is lined up with the upper rear of the fork (small lip fits inside the upper fork)

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    Thanks Ben! I belted the fork with a big mofo of a hammer and it still didn't go on, then trying to take it off was an exercise in itself!
    Too old for bodykits

try to be careful - make sure its all lined up - maybe something is holding it back / getting in the way of movement. Try not to rub off too much paint off the shock body too , as the bare metal will get surface rust sooner or later.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    i got these in my ls
    the brake line bracket is tight ass and cant veen be taken off now i tried to
    the fork was tight but was abel to tap it on with a hammer

Member Array
    Car:
    integra jdm conversion
    check to c if the brake line collar is sticking out on the right side of the shock, u might need to change left and right over!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    Thanks guys, I'll give it another shot next week. I did try to be careful with the shock but alot of the coating has come off where I tried to fit it into the fork.
    Too old for bodykits

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Emmanual, it's better to use a rubber mallet, like Ben Suggested to minimise paint strippin..

If u have problems then take it to RSP in Granville since it's close by...
    Last edited by Civic Si; 14-01-2006 at 09:27 AM.
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889