Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss
    just poured vortex95
    feels heaps smoother than vortex98 actually
    hope mileage is good also
    You're using 95 RON in a JDM 'lude? ...... That's nearly as bad as someone I knew who always filled up with 95 RON in their R34 GT-T Skyline...

LOL awesome work hethro87

the most i've ever gotten out of my full tank is 498km (50L)

but man, you did that in half a tank.. i suppose all my petrol goes to starting the engine so much, from just trying to activate my 4ws
    PRELUDE 3D ANIMATION <--click to view
    MY JDM 1992 PRELUDE VTIR <--click to view
    [KI555]

Where
    Quote Originally Posted by hethro87
    SHOCK HORROR!

Just drove up to Newcastle and back on a trip with my mates (so car was loaded up with beer etc) and i filled up my tank (60L) with Vortex 95 ron. I got wait for it................ 488KM OUT OF HALF A TANK! So i was doing 90kmph so that gave me a fuel eco of 6L/100km!!!!

So shell kiss my ass! Caltex can have my money now! Mwahahahah

Hethro
    How did you determine it was half a tank? Fuel needle or did you refill to the click and in went 30L? Because that kind of mileage to me is so good that it is unheard of. For a 2.2L engine, loaded up with passengers getting 6L/100km at 90kmph is way beyond any claim of any manufacturer.

Best i have gotten is also with Vortex 95.
    300kms (90% at 110kmph) with 24L and with only my self in the car. That equates to 8L/100km

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Depends on the car. With my 2.4L, I got 7 L/100km when driving to canberra.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Yeh i used the fuel useage calculator on this website. It was around 6 -7 L/100km.

My car is a 2.2 L, 4cylinder, 5 spd manual with a 60 L tank - I had two other people in the car, shopping and fishing rods etc. And i used the fuel neddle and trust me it works just fine!

Hethro

P.s maybe i should write to Toyota in Japan and found out the people who made my car and thank them! : P
    FOR SALE: TRANSFORMERS DVD BOX SET, PM ME FOR DETAILS

TLD: #043
    1994 Toyota Camry 2.2 4cyl
    5 sp Manual
    14inch Wheels (Sick!)
    Polo Blue airfresher
    Basketball in the boot

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Depends on the car. With my 2.4L, I got 7 L/100km when driving to canberra.
    I understand that it does depend on the car, i am just comparing the results to smaller cars like the JAZZ and for a JAZZ to get 6L/100km is hard at times.

Quote Originally Posted by hethro87
    Yeh i used the fuel useage calculator on this website. It was around 6 -7 L/100km.

My car is a 2.2 L, 4cylinder, 5 spd manual with a 60 L tank - I had two other people in the car, shopping and fishing rods etc. And i used the fuel neddle and trust me it works just fine!

Hethro

P.s maybe i should write to Toyota in Japan and found out the people who made my car and thank them! : P
    6L or 7L is a big difference.
    Using the fuel needle is not an accurate judgement of how much litres of fuel were used. Best way is to refill to the click and see how much litres went it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa_cree
    I understand that it does depend on the car, i am just comparing the results to smaller cars like the JAZZ and for a JAZZ to get 6L/100km is hard at times.
    It's because with smaller cars, you have to change your driving style more for fuel economy. We expect acceleration of a 1.8L engine out of a 1.3L engine and also good fuel economy at the same time. It's not possible. You can get large engine acceleration from a smaller engine but in the end you will use more fuel than a larger engine. When I was driving a 1.3L 4-spd auto, I was burning 11L/100km on the highway and 12L/100km in the city, because I was trying to get it to move like the 2.2L Accord. hehehe. That 12L/100km figure I got without full throttle! It was all highway! Filled up, drove there, and then filled up again and calculated. Had to refill because I get only 300km out of a 40L tank!

In comparison, the acceleration in 1st gear up to redline of that car is about the same as 6th gear 2500rpm acceleration for the Euro! And the Euro drinks much less on the highway.
    Last edited by aaronng; 21-02-2006 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menthu Rae
    You're using 95 RON in a JDM 'lude? ...... That's nearly as bad as someone I knew who always filled up with 95 RON in their R34 GT-T Skyline...
    what am i suppose to be pouring?
    [KI555]

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss
    what am i suppose to be pouring?
    98 octane.

thats what i have been filling up on, though vortex95 feels heaps smoother for some reason

ahh back to vortex98 it is
    [KI555]

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Does the h22a retard timing if knock is detected? If it does, then it could explain why it is smoother. When you retard timing, you lose a bit of power but the engine runs slightly smoother.