Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin
    Vortex 95? Never heard of that one before, thought it was just ULP and thats it.

Oh oh wait, thats that new one thats in between ULP 91 and Vortex 98 when they pulled out Leaded petrol right?
    In Sydney, there was ULP, Vortex and leaded. Then Vortex98 came out and replaced the leaded nozzle. Now it is ULP, Vortex and Vortex98.

Vortex has a green label, Vortex98 has a grey label.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Menthu Rae
    EDIT: and i've heard rumours that there will be a 100RON vortex released soon

iv seen 100RON at a servo already cant remember where but 100% positive i saw it

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Shell Optimax Extreme, 100 octane with 5% ethanol. Last year's news. For a list of stations selling it, check the shell website.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude, Civic, Firestorm
    Hey i been using optimax 100 octane from shell darlinghurst last couple of weeks no complaints actually i think its better than the rest. U guys (non gender specific!!) heard anything bout ethanol? its 5% blend. They had a big ethanol scare campaign couple of yrs ago funded by big oil companies to get rid of some of the little guys coz its a cheap substitute. Now they bringing it back in with a 'ethanol is good' campaign and it actually is. (or so i've heard) Hope its as engine safe as they say it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by J2daW
    Hey i been using optimax 100 octane from shell darlinghurst last couple of weeks no complaints actually i think its better than the rest. U guys (non gender specific!!) heard anything bout ethanol? its 5% blend. They had a big ethanol scare campaign couple of yrs ago funded by big oil companies to get rid of some of the little guys coz its a cheap substitute. Now they bringing it back in with a 'ethanol is good' campaign and it actually is. (or so i've heard) Hope its as engine safe as they say it is.
    Umm Honda recommend to only put ethanol blended fuel into thier cars manufactured after 2002. You have a 94 model yo..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 VTi-R Prelude
    I refuse to run a fuel with ethanol in my car. It's a 1998, but even if it were 2002+ I still wouldn't use ethanol fuel.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by J2daW
    Dont your read manufacture recommandation?
    They even specifically said it may be harmful or damage your engine if your engine older than 2004 if used regularly. But in the end its really your car and you do what ever you want.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    you think its ok to use Shell ultimate 100 ron if you have a JDM engine+ecu which is tuned to 100-107 RON

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Nup............ FINAL Line with me is NO ETHANOL (But yes to alcohol [consumable]) Even if it had 1 part per million i still wouldnt use it thats like .000001% Ethanol.

I'll just stick to my Mobil S8000 and BP Ultimate.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

I've been using that 100ron Shell Optimax Extreme in my 96 civic exlusively for the last few weeks now. Not a problem at all, and in fact I think it's better than the others. The car goes harder and just feels more responsive and revs smoother up high too. Fuel eceonomy seems to be marginally better than the 98 stuff too.

To all those who oppose the ethanol blended fuels: they wouldn't sell the shit if it were bad for your engine. It's only 5% anyway. And besides, do you think it's any worse than all the other shit they put in?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by DomenEK
    To all those who oppose the ethanol blended fuels: they wouldn't sell the shit if it were bad for your engine. It's only 5% anyway. And besides, do you think it's any worse than all the other shit they put in?
    It's because ethanol is corrosive to certain materials. Different materials are compatible with different chemicals. Heck, water is very damaging to sugar, while hexane doesn't do anything to sugar.

Honda vehicles built before 2002 used materials that might not be compatible with ethanol, hence Honda Australia's reluctance to issue a statement saying that pre-2002 models will last as long with ethanol blend fuels.

5-10% ethanol blend fuels will work in older cars. Just that in the long term, the seals that come into contact with the fuel might corrode at a quicker rate.

And cigarettes are bad for you as they cause lung cancer, bad breath and poverty, yet they are still allowed to be sold at supermarkets. Bad things can still be sold. It is up to you to decide if it is good for you.
    Last edited by aaronng; 18-01-2006 at 04:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    let the man use wat ever he thinks best for his car.... just hope he doesnt post up a thread later on... saying "something wrong with my car"

Plus when you think about it, Honda dont make these recommandation for nothing. Telling people what fuel to use dont really benifit them in anyway (unless they are sponsered or co-owner of that fuel company).
    Last edited by redliner; 18-01-2006 at 11:58 PM.