Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX

[Euro] Clunk noise from suspension

I have noticed something strange with my car.
    It doesn't happen all the time, so I haven't been able to pin-point where it's exactly coming from or what's causing it.
    Sometimes when I go over a speed bump, I can hear a clunk noise from the suspension. My initial impression is that it's coming from the front, not the rear.
    Has anyone had this problem before? I will probably hold off till my next service and pay more attention to it until then, but it's definitely something I should have taken care of under warranty, I think.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I have it too. It's been discussed here before, do a search and you should find something.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    could be your rear sway bar has come loose, it happened to my car and some other members aswell.

Does it sound like a 'clunk clunk'
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    could be your rear sway bar has come loose, it happened to my car and some other members aswell.

Does it sound like a 'clunk clunk'
    If I remember correctly, it was a single 'clunk' rather than 'clunk clunk'
    For some reason, it hasn't made that noise today even though I've been over some speed bumps.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    If I remember correctly, it was a single 'clunk' rather than 'clunk clunk'
    For some reason, it hasn't made that noise today even though I've been over some speed bumps.
    If it starts happening when your going over bumps on a angle then its your rear sway bar, a few members including myself have experienced this.
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CB7
    if its a continuous 'clunk, clunk', thats your CV joint
    Last edited by Dursty; 16-09-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dursty View Post
    if its a continuous 'clunk, clunk', thats your CV joint
    I am getting a clunk that seems to be coming from the the rear end of the car on the drivers side. The noise is a metallic type sound and occurs when I make sharp left turns, left turns from driveways and occassionally over certain types of speed humps. Sometimes it's just a single clunk and other times it can be 2 or 3 consecutive clunks.

My car was in a rear end accident about 6 weeks ago which only resulted in damage to the rear bumper and the left exhaust pipe. I've had my car back for over 5 weeks but have just started noticing this noise in the last week or 2.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Last edited by unity; 12-11-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    my suspension got noise as well. but when I suddenly speed up or brake. the driver side front suspension got clunk noise. something like from the spring.
    Accord Basic

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    I have the same clunk. It sounds like it comes from the front RHS wheel somewhere.
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    How likely is it that a minor rear end accident like mine would damage any suspension components?

Has any one been rear ended and suffered suspension damage as a consequence?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    How likely is it that a minor rear end accident like mine would damage any suspension components?

Has any one been rear ended and suffered suspension damage as a consequence?
    Is your suspension (inc.swaybars)completely stock?If not then check your swaybar endlinks and mounting points then shock mounting points.Also check if the noise is coming from the front or rear then left side or right side.
    Last edited by tony1234; 14-11-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Is your suspension (inc.swaybars)completely stock?If not then check your swaybar endlinks and mounting points then shock mounting points.Also check if the noise is coming from the front or rear then left side or right side.
    The car is 100% stock. The noise is coming from the rear end of the car driver's side.

It's only happening when I give the car a bit more gas going through left turns. It's by no means full throttle.

Is it true that there should be no clunk at all when making turns, regardless of how much throttle is used?
    Last edited by unity; 14-11-2009 at 12:50 PM.