Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: engine oil

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Honda FEO I have bought it from Turbo Auto Parts in Cabramatta and its $25.

I feel using FEO and changing twice as often is better than buying a $50+ bottle.. but that suits me and my circumstances *shrug*

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Yellow Integra DC2R
    i reckon penrite 5w is the best for my dc2r...its also isn't that expensive.. around $38

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    ive used mobil 1 for a few thousand Km's
    but im using motul and my car feels more responsive compared to mobil oil.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 R 1999
    will the honda feo be more responsive compare to motul?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by typerinside
    In my opinion, no

formular R Castrol 40w

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by jooboo
    whats wrong with the honda high performance one???its not that expensive..i pay 35 for oil n oil filter from honda

Same

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by typerinside
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    In my opinion, no
    ditto
    give it a try buddy

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 Integra Type R Turbo
    Genuine filters only. Honda oil is good. Mobil 1 and Motul 8100 both fully synthetic there is a new oil out by ows its used by the likes of BMW etc from factory its a 5-60 thick when its hot but thin when cold i have used all 3 and all are good but i change plugs and oil every 3000k's but my DC2 is turbo. I also use an additive called Roil gold which is a metal conditioner for your lower engine I also use an additive in my fuel by roil which protects valve stems etc etc. I have some info on it and waiting on more but basically using the falex machine at qld uni the csiro division found it doubled the protection of your oil. For example Mobil one failed at 2250lb with 70ml per lt of oil it doubled it to 4500 i really thing it made a huge diff to my car its only running about 7psi and after i started using it stopped hunting and now once vtec kicks in 2nd gear it wheelspins which it didn't before roil. pm me if you want to speak about it but i believe its real good shit to use best part no suspended solids like some additives so therefore no clogging of you filter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Plugs and oil every 3000!!! thats keen or you must really run it hard.

Ive been using Comma fully synth 5w-30. Its not realy well known here so its pretty cheap compared to mobil 1 and such.

Oh and if you are going to service every 5000 then a ryco or equivalent will be fine and cost you less. only when you start getting to 100k services is that going to make a difference if any.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 Integra Type R Turbo
    the aftermarket filters dont seal as well so dont save a few $'s for the sake of a filter. Go for a big a variance for your oil as you can find. The OWS im using is a 5w-60 thin when its cold and needs to be but thick when its hot and needs to be. But hey its your engine depends how hard you drive it and how long you want it to last. I dont run it that hard but im not risking a very expensive engine for a few dollars on a filter, $50 worth of oil, and $30 worth of plugs the reason i do it is cause the turbo cooks the oil even though i have a oil cooler/

Its you car so your call goodluck with it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Yer i get what your saying and the turbo is big consideration here.
    Factory says that 10,000 is ok and thats what they recommend. I disagree and go with 5k oil, 10k sparks cause i do drive pretty hard even though its probably excessive being NA and all.
    A busted spark is not going to damage your engine (well rare cases of tips snapping off etc) and you will know when its fouled.

The oil filter, if its sealed its sealed isnt it? if its dripping oil its not sealed end of story. Non genuine parts does not have to mean bad quality.

I have seen a fair few people that do things like change iridium plugs/gear box oil every 5k and then complain about how much their car costs them. Its good to look after your car sure but there is a limit.