Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    97 h22a-t
    overprice so called supercar

Member Array
    Car:
    VTEC'n Public Bus
    id much prefer it over a ferrari or "exotic" european sports car that cant keep up with a 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ofnsivtypeR
    the NSX is far superior to any european rival, as it was said earlier in the thread, watch the Best Motoring Videos. AND the nsx that is to rival the Z-Tune is the newly released NSX-GTR.

Watching the Best Motoring Videos will actually tell u that the NSX no matter which version are underperforming vehicles, compared to the Euros..

Quote Originally Posted by Omotesando

Watching the Best Motoring Videos will actually tell u that the NSX no matter which version are underperforming vehicles, compared to the Euros..
    i reckon it does alrite here...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...802395&q=nsx+r

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    good clip but unfortunately a lot of BMI vids are a lil biased. don't get me wrong i lvoe BMI and NSXs but yeah its the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ^^v

I have seen this video before and guess what, this Google Video version was edited and probably posted up by some fanatic Honda fans who chooses to hold on to it thinking that NSX is nearly as good as the Europeans. The rest of THIS DVD, which is not shown in the clip above, does the straight line performance comparison between the cars as well - how about seeing that? What about the Time Attack laptimes of the various cars? This has been edited out for obvious reasons.

This Video is in fact overly biased as the NSX-R is being driven by a no compromise Gan-san, who drives very well but so aggresive that other drivers in the slightly more expensive cars doesn't dare to hold their own racing lines because of the way Gan-san likes to arrive at the corners like a mad man. Did you hear the comment where they referred to him as the 'dangerous man'? There is a reason for that, you can see it in his driving style. There is a previous video version in which a race between a 360 Modena and an EVO VII (Automatic) along with other M3s/EVO/360, where Gan-san driving the 360 modena cut into the auto EVO's path during cornering when it was barely ahead, and Gan-san had actually damaged the white Ferrari's read quarter?

2ndly no one has ever disputed the fact that the NSX-R isn't a fast car around corners, because it is one of the best cars to do that - I have already mentioned earlier on that it goes around the track very well. This advantage is one of the main things that people underestimate of the car. It is mainly because it is very light weight relatively speaking and as such, it could hold its speed and momentum going into the corners, and when it comes out form the corners its deficit in power is countered by its higher cornering speed, better traction and higher exit speed. If we saw the rest of this video, as well as many other videos by Best Motoring which shows the NSX's weaknesses in a straight line, we will find that it is underpowered a lot, despite its much lighter weight by a few hundred kgs.

Remember that BAR HONDA was penalised in Formula 1 2005 for having their cars underweight, and disqualified/banned for 3 races? This seems to be indicative of Honda's strategy in racing (as is in all Type-Rs and S2000 too) but in the NSX's case, YES it works very exceptionally well in cornering and around the track, but in a straight line from the word go, it loses out to its Europeans counterparts, which also happen to be much more luxurious inside compared to the stripped out NSX. This is all about street credibility - straight line speed and luxury counts. How many people buy the cars really to go around the tracks full out? They might try it out but not too many drive 100% around the track. Read the back of the magazines, the NSX(s) are slower, looks ugly inside - this is where it loses out. I never questioned its cornering ability.....

The video wasn't completely comparative not only because the video clip was edited without showing the NSX's weaknesses in the full video, nor only that Gan-san was driving this car, but did you realise that the M3 CSL, Porsche TT and the Ferrari Modena were all sports-shift models, not manual models like the Lambo's and the NSX? The non-manual versions are nowhere near as good around a track especially going into corners, because the down-shift will never be exactly as fast or as accurate as the Driver wants it to be, also the fact that it doesn't work well in weight shifting during cornering, which is essential for higher cornering speeds. All the other cars in the video are also Left Hand Drive versions except for the NSX, which is Right Hand Drive as per Japanese driving directions.

If we wanted it all to be a bit more extreme, say if I wanted a car that corners like no others but with a deficit in power, I think people would rather buy the higher end Lotus Elise? Or I could also get a stripped out Porsche as well which definitely goes faster than all the cars above. Or get an EVO IX, mod it slightly, so it goes around the track better than all the above cars anyway?

I think end of the day - we HONDA owners would love to see an NSX which doesn't cheat by using weight as its only advantage. We want to see one that goes bloody fast in a straight line as well, built really nicely inside with CLASS and full leather, every safety feature including stability controls etc (in case its needed), and in the back of the motor magazines, is known to be a Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo arse kicker.

That is what it needs to get street credibility too

Just my opinion though!

alrite dude, relax.
    I wuz only stating it was holding its own in the race. and no s*** it was edited... i've seen the whole episode (not to mention all the others).. i seen the 400m n 1000m sprints.. i know the NSX has it weaknesses. We all know the NSX is an underpowered car, and lacks speed on the straights.

2ndly.. i dun get ur comment about being lite.... how is that 'cheating'?
    oh n the BAR's that was DQ last year.. wernt actually underweight.. they were using fuel as ballist..not the one in the fuel tank.. but one in a different chamber (which does not get used)... and so when they were asked to remove ALL the fuel.. their car became a few kg's underweight. n funnily enough. soon after they got DQed .. a few other prominent teams on the grid promptly modified their cars. i guess BAR were just unlucky to be the ones punished...

own an NSX and all experts/BMI/magazines opinions are meaningless.

Not the fastest car going around but one of the most enjoyable.

NA 12 sec very easy on the JDM NSX's.

Yes 12 sec on JDM NSX's are possible, but for some reason the Aust Spec (where we live) doesn't seem to have the same specs and engine in it.

I totally forgot to mention that, the OZ Spec NSX sucks for some reason.

For that kind of money though, I don't think I will ever want to own an NSX. You can get a Porsche for that money.

The NSX actually overheats at the end of the video above, just realised!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    bah after reading that...

for price you really cant compare the nsx to a subie.. for 1 nsx was japans only production super car.. SUPER CAR!!!. its ment to be on par with the big boys ferrari lambo maseratti.. ladiladi da.. among those types of car its prolly the cheapest.. and as far as i know also the smallest dang engine for a supercar.

now back to reality.. people who could afford supercars.. (rex been a good car and all) wouldent buy a rex or a Luxury model merc and mod it to beat a supercar.. they would buy a supercar and prolly never race it (sorry to all the rich people out there)

after typing this i lost the point of my typing here.. ohh yeh i believe the nsx could pull of something below 13s.. i meen s2k is around the high 13s isent it ?

and i saw that clip with gansan going nuts in the nsx before it overheated gan san i dont think was very well know for been aggressive that was more doridori wasent it =P..

in one of the BMI he sayed "guts and agressiveness will not get you a faster time"
    he said this while teaching some of the special Guest "racers" how to drive

i think i just watched that last night ^_^....

and watching that clip he was going well in the NSX not because hes aggressive its because its a lighter car and brakes work alot to its advantage on a track =P (it sometimes just looks agressive).. and wasent it his son that he was chalenging? .. i remmeber somewhere his son was also showing as one of the BMI drivers.. they go through the whole race scene arguying with each other and telling other drives to hold my dad back so i can escape =P..
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    at the end of the day its about personal preference

i like the looks of the nsx and there probly is shit u can do to a nsx to get full potiential out of them... i would personally buy one over a rex any day my reason is look how many there are on the rd rexs r turning into commodores same with skylines and supras etc thats the other thing i like bout honda over toyota holden ford nissan etc is there not as common as opposed to the others and there a great car there smooth they all seem to b underpowered except the vtec integras (thats my opioion) and they r luxuorious i also have a project celica in the shed and its a hell nice car...

i think the nsx is a little overpriced but wot handmade car isnt.