Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Drag Cars
    Sounds like a nice package, 103mph through the traps doesn't equate to 200kw to the wheels though. sorry but MPH means HP. Keep up the good work, we need more non Honda race cars out there.
    PRO FWD 9.07@161.48 FWD.. 04
    ALLMOTOR 10.83@123.23 NA FWD 05

Quote Originally Posted by iamhappy46
    I can assure you all that my SR22VE cost less than a K20A motor conversion into a EG or DC2.

As far a N/A Nissan's go... what about the 200+Kw 350Z?!?! or 132Kw X-Trails?!?!

naa not talkin about price... its about wats done compared to the k20. we all kno k20 halfcuts are so overpriced coz of the demand

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    everthing u went through with ur engine it sounds tough, 201 kw is impressive but i believe the k20a will make that power with half of what you have done,egk20a had like 175 kw atw with basic mods nothing major

Even though I realise the topic startic as this Nissan compared to a K20A power Honda, but isn't a B20A compared to an SR20DE a much more accurate comparison?

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    B20A is a fair bit older than the SR20DE, also this dude has a neo vvl head (I think that's right) therefore they're totally different motors. A more realistic comparison may be a B20Z block with a VTEC head.

Quote Originally Posted by [[d a n n y]]
    very stupid coment.

it's a better than your em1 with the same price. tag

ur saying its better than his car based on wat?? bcoz its faster?

i guess ur talkin about the r32 bcoz u said "same price tag" well
    its a late 80s, early 90s model car that ur comparing to a late 90s model car

Quote Originally Posted by pillow
    B20A is a fair bit older than the SR20DE, also this dude has a neo vvl head (I think that's right) therefore they're totally different motors. A more realistic comparison may be a B20Z block with a VTEC head.

B20A and SR20 are both from the 80's I thought?

Anyway of course I didn't mean a stock B20A against this SR, but rather a B20 with B16 VTEC heads and similar mods.

I mean, 200+kw atw from an na 4 cylinder is quite impressive, and surely if an SR20 is newer than a B20A so it's an unfair comparison, then what about the K20A being so much newer than a SR20.

With a 91mm stroke, and 86mm bore what capacity is the engine now?

Quote Originally Posted by spetz
    B20A and SR20 are both from the 80's I thought?

Anyway of course I didn't mean a stock B20A against this SR, but rather a B20 with B16 VTEC heads and similar mods.

I mean, 200+kw atw from an na 4 cylinder is quite impressive, and surely if an SR20 is newer than a B20A so it's an unfair comparison, then what about the K20A being so much newer than a SR20.

With a 91mm stroke, and 86mm bore what capacity is the engine now?
    the "earlier" early 90's and 80's version of the sr20 was the CA18T(sorry if wrong ) and then the FJ20 before.

a very basic quide of displacement for 91mm bore and 86mm stroke = 2.1 litre

b13nx
    The SR20DE's were first released in the N14 Puslars in 91. 86mm x 86mm, bore and stroke.

The closest comparison to imhappy46's motor would be the K20A.

b13nx
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRSS
    everthing u went through with ur engine it sounds tough, 201 kw is impressive but i believe the k20a will make that power with half of what you have done,egk20a had like 175 kw atw with basic mods nothing major
    Define basic? I find 175kw atw with basic mods very hard to believe. TODA suggest the following for 160kw:

High budget – best power delivery
    #1 – Lightweight flywheel ( Or Hi-Power single clutch kit)
    #2 – Heavy-duty clutch
    #3 – Lower final drive
    #4 – JDM Intake manifold + CAI only
    #5 – Header + S2000 cat + cat-back system
    #6 – Ported head / Spec C camshafts (or larger)/ valve springs/ Titanium retainers / adjustable cam gear - exhaust only / fuel pump / Forged pistons / Forged rods (For over 9000rpm) / injectors & fuel pressure regulator / ECU / dyno tuning / heavy duty engine mounts.
    Nb: Additional head work that can/may need to be done includes shaving of rocker arms for cam clearance, re-shaping of valves, combustion chamber re-profiling.
    Power output: 160+kw @ wheels (Dyno dynamics – shootout)
    NB: Spec C camshafts, VTC function is retained.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Here is list of our mods to the old egk20a :
    JDM k20a type R , TWM itb , ORC clutch + flywheel , hondata kpro , 2.5 inch exhaust, DTR header.
    thats it.
    Dynoed + tuned by toda au
    Last edited by EG5; 26-01-2006 at 11:44 PM.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    BADHBT no 2 ?
    whats goin on here?

ok same mods *minus* the ITB's
    + 3 inch exhaust = 140atw
    same dyno
    same tunner