Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R

mechanic done something wrong..HELP

ok so you guys know the cord that connects to your throttle body....on my mums honda the cord had come lose where the throttle body is there are two bolts either side of this metal thingi that holds the cable in place anyways the mechannic tried to fix it and now it idles to high and EG: before this happened it was doing 2400rpm at 100km/h now after the mechannic touched it it 3000rpm at 100km/h...

what do you guys think i can do...i dnt want to bring it back to him

thats the throttle cable. You can adjust it slightly , by loosening the lock nut (its a 10 or 11mm spanner?) and then moving the main nut up or down to tighten/loosen. Loosen it slightly and your revs should drop. Re-tighten and thats it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R
    thanx ill try it....if i cant do it properly i will bring it to a different mechanic

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    posibly you could be talking about the AT kick down cable, if its set incorectly it could be preventinng the AT to shift to 4th gear, you might be crusing in 3rd
    count the gears, see if it goes into 4th

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    *MOVED* to the correct forum.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R
    yeah it does go into 4th except it only kicks down into 4th when you take your foot off the accelerator...then put it again and it is in 4th....how can i fix this..would it be the cable bolts like bennjamin had said

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes it is in the cable adjustment

to adjust it corectly 1st the throttle cable must be set corectly,

it must have about 10 to 15mm slack in it before it moved the throttle butterly, also when the throttle pedal is fully depressed your throttle butterfly must be full throttle.

with that corectly adjusted, teh AT cable must be adjusted so when the throttle is in its normal rest position the AT cable conecting to the AT leaver is also in its rest position. as soon as the throttle opened slightly, the AT cable must start to move in perfect timming with the throttle.

misadjustment also causes the torque converter not to lock up.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 26-01-2006 at 10:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R
    thanx for your help but how do i do that...do i need to take this to a mechanic

Car:
    twin GX160's
    well if it makes no sens to you, then you should

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    take it to a trusted mechanic dude. i recommend HANNY's, but ur local mechanic should be able to fix something like this.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...