Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

my new pioneer 6x9's in the back

hi guys

i got an EJ8 [civic coupe] and just got myself a pair of pioneer 3 way 6x9s. i installed them myself in the back but when you put the back shelf on, you cant see the speakers. - the stock grills cover the speakers.

this kinda sucks coz i really want to be showin them off. are the backs of EKs the same as EJ8s? does anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

thanks a mil
    i'm heaps cool

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Don't understand why you'd want to show off what speakers you have to the public. You're asking for someone to smash ur window and steal the speakers.

But if you do want, you'll have to cut the stock grill covers. IMO, don't bother dude.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MuN
    don't bother dude.
    correct.

even if you had them showing off, youd want to put the after market grill over them or else youll get dust, dirt and other shit all over them...

Yeah i got an EK too, and mine are just where the stockies went. As mentioned above, its only asking for trouble if you have them showing. Just keep em where they are. Besides, having them hidden away just adds to the surprise of how loud they can go.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    yup yup agree with all of the above. even if u showed them off, soon ull get over showing them off to the world - i know i did within a week or so. pioneers speakers aernt anything special in car audio anyway, so if ppl who know their car audio walk by, theyre not gonna say 'wow!!'. & if ppl walk by who also happen to b low-life thieves, well ur just giving them more incentive to you-know-what.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Toyota Aristo!
    show them off, atleast then hopefully someone will do you the favour of stealing them

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
    show them off, atleast then hopefully someone will do you the favour of stealing them
    ok yeh thanks pal. not really quite sure what you mean you mean by that, but i'm sure you didnt mean that i want my speakers to be stolen. coz that'd just be jewish
    i'm heaps cool

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Toyota Aristo!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    ok yeh thanks pal. not really quite sure what you mean you mean by that, but i'm sure you didnt mean that i want my speakers to be stolen. coz that'd just be jewish
    nah, pretty sure thats what I meant lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    yeh im with everyone else keep em covered as theives will only steal what they can see most of the time.

Pioneer are ok for loud speakers, well the competition series are if you want to pay $400 for a set of 6 *9's but not that good in the sq range.

Anyone wanna buy some comp series ones?

im going to be installing an audio/visual set up in my car and im gonig to try and hide as much as i can from view if your looking into the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic coupe vtir
    I gota coupe and the rear self was a prick to take out. However if u wanna show ur 6x9s u will have to cut from the inside of the grill. Once u done this u can place the grill ova ur speaker or u can remove them when u want the bling bling effect. I did this mith my EM1.

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    i canm tell you fron experiance hide everything my first system was worth about 2 grand i drove around pumping it showing off an it got stolen a week later.
    now ive got a heaps better system but keep everything hidden.
    like said before i wouldnt be displaying pioneer speakers
    you should have tried a set of MB Quarts