Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    hey just bout ot get right through exhayst sytem done ive got my s/s cannon so whats good 2 n half piping or 2 quater i want a deep sound but not too lound and it a auto by the way

and is it worth gettin extractors ..i want bit of pik up and this will be the only thing il be dooin engine wise gonna spend it on looks but yer what your opinoins

2 n half
    or
    2 quater pipin with extractors

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    2 and a quater with 4-2 -1 extractors

umm.... what sorta car is yours?
    i.e. wat size engine?
    for 1.3L no more than 2".. for 1.5 or 1.6L, you'd be best getting 2 1/4" piping.
    yes extractors can make an improvement on pickup, but it all depends on if you're willing to spend the extra $$ on it.
    cheers,
    macka

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    yhe got a 1.5 honda civic 92 gl

ok yeh im willin to spend $$$$ for improvment thanks

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I'd suggest a 2 inch system for the 1.5GL - extractors wont make that much of a difference unless you are prepared to for out 5 or 6 hundred on them - even then I dunno how much of an improvement you'd see. Spend the money on a better motor
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Id have to agree with Setana. No offence traNce_gl but i'd look at getting something with more power to start off with if you want more power. The gains from that engine are minimal.

Have you looked at maybe selling it and getting an EG Si or Vti?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

being a GL auto, you're not gonna make too much power from a simple exhaust system upgrade without going with brands such as spoon, mugen toda. if u want a deep sounding exhaust note, then the bigger the louder, so 2.5" should be fine. as for power gains, it more then likely you'll lose power, but hey, at least it'll be hella loud!!! 8)

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    2.5" on a 1.5L Gli?? Thats hella too big

If you just get a straight through muffler it will be much louder than stock......then put in a resonator (or 2) to reduce the sound if its too loud
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Don't bother with the exhaust, you'd end up having a slightly quicker car with higher fuel consumption, a bigger cop magnet and attracting more unworthy attention. Go for the savings and get an engine swap, that'd be really significant to the point when you feel like you're driving a completely different car.

Originally posted by wynode:
    Id have to agree with Setana. No offence traNce_gl but i'd look at getting something with more power to start off with if you want more power. The gains from that engine are minimal.

Have you looked at maybe selling it and getting an EG Si or Vti?
    Or have you considered boost?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    nah wynode im not puttin different engine in it its a auto whats the point and the engine hasent been drivin well enough i bought if from a lady driver its like brand new 8).... im just gonan have the looks just whant exhaust systen just for the sound and just some little perfomance anyway ....i getting al lthis done cause i know this guy and he can get me extractors dirt cheap and pipin ...but i have to get some one else to fit them on for me..

thanks for you oppinoins

Member Array
    4-1 extracors better for vtec motors gives better flow at higher RPM, but 4-2-1 creates midrange power good for normal Atmo motors.

um wouldnt go anybigger then a 2" on the 1.5 non tec tho. it will still sound beefy provided you get the right muffler.