I’ve had numerous people asking me over PM’s how we manage to run the factory head units and an aftermarket one. This is one example of how it’s done. This Accord belongs to a certain member here.

[/img]

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    does that mean u can play both radio and cd's at same time 8)

hehe, nice euro

Nope, because the aftermarket amplifier is connected to the speakers.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    So the factory head unit won't give out any sound? is that correct?

And I'm guessing you didn't find a way to keep the lid when putting in an aftermarket HU in that middle bin? Too bad... I want to put an aftermarket A/V HU in that bin but still want to keep the lid to cover it from (would be) thieves.....
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

You could try to get one made ..

or u could get a head unit like mine which folds in on itself so it's pretty difficult to see until your into the car itself and by this point ... bin lid or not .. they are gonna get ur stuff anyways ... i reckon hehe

euro77 you're half correct. The factory head unit doesn't play any sound except through the factory dash mounted tweeters. We install the tweeters down in the kick panels and leave the factory tweeters functioning in case you have factory navigation.

Regarding the mounting; this is a budget mount. We have done others with fully integrated headunits where the door closes over it but it gets a little more expensive when you begin adding custom work.

fhrx studios only in sydney? :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

Unfortunately yes.

Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx
    Regarding the mounting; this is a budget mount. We have done others with fully integrated headunits where the door closes over it but it gets a little more expensive when you begin adding custom work.
    How much roughy for this custom work? I'd like to know if you don't mind so I can prepare the budget
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Well this is one that we made for a Lexus to acommodate the rather long screen, boost controlled, turbo timer and suspension controller:

Something like that goes for the better part of a grand (it's made from Kevlar) an replaces the entire bottom portion (including the factory radio).

Car:
    Black8
    whoaa... that is sweet... and expensive
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)