Member Array
    Car:
    X

Thumbs up Jun turbo kit news

Last edited by claymore; 04-06-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: posted in parallel universe

Why you are ordering low temp. I don't think that your car gets very hot, if you intsall low temp fan switch this means that your fan will be working a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore
    Went to Jun today to order my new Spoon low temp. thermostat and fan switch. Neat place they had THREE Nissan skyliners in the shop at one time and a Rolls Royce. The front window has about 40 drag racing throphies filling up the window and they have more but no room to display them.

I asked the manager if he would ship Jun Jazz turbo kits to OZ and he kinda hemed and hawed and said because when installing the Jun kit you have to make a hole in the oil pan they won't ship to just any old person. But the good news is they will ship to an engine builder, tuner, garage IF they are a currently working outfit and have proper business licenses etc. So if you really need a Jun Turbo kit they will ship one to OZ but the real bad news is the kits cost 80,000 baht which is about $2,000 US. When I go back to collect my parts I will try and get a parts list or flyer for the kit and post it here.

Members in Thailand looking to buy genuine Spoon parts can get them at JUN, you have to order and pay in advance and delivery is in about 10 days as they come from Japan.

I am not selling anything so if you need something contact Managing director
    "Big" (nickname) Verapong Asvanund at junauto@junauto.com
    he is Thai but speaks and writes in english ok.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    who cares its his car.

seriously dude, if he wants to hook an afterburner up he should do it without net-nanny's or keyboard warriors questioning him.

Why you don't just install 160 thermostat and keep the fan stock. I think the fan will work more often if you lower the fan temp, and that's for sure.

If you look at the photo that is the temp. after about 15 minutes in traffic. Normally it runs at 180 and drops back to 180 when moving. Jazz Vtec 1.5 runs REAL HOT like 210 degrees F. after sitting in traffic and the boiling point for unpressurized water is only 212 F. for me that is too hot. So I'm getting a 160 degree thermostat AND fan switch so the fan will only run as much as usual with a 180 thermostat and fan switch. I DON'T care about gas mileage so don't bother telling me about mileage and lower temp. And lower temps give more performance up to a point.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    true. i can imagine how hot the water temp will rise sitting in the traffic under the hot hot sun in Thai.

btw claymore.. those are some new gauges u got there?

i rate honda jazz - good work. if a cant afford and family mover i will by a jazz for my wife...

Yes I understand what you are saying. I mean if you install the 160 fan that means the fan will work more often than if the you have the 180 because of the low temp the 160 and the car needs to cool all the time. My friend have done it before in his car and he told me that it wron his fan fast, and the fan was most ofthe time on because of the hot weather. Will I might be wrong. Can you take photos of the temp reading after the lower temp fan. You said that in traffic it hits 212F I thought it will go down to 180 with the fan, so why it's high are the fan working or not.

If you put in the 160 thermostat and keep the 180 fan switch you have just negated any lower temp. expectations you hope to gain because THE FANS WON"T COME ON UNTIL TEMP REACHES 180. Why do you care if the fan runs or not??? It won't come on any more than with 180. It turns on at 165 then shuts off when temp is back to 160 THE SAME AS 180 it turns on at 185 and runs until it's back to 180 very simple.

I have City which the front grill is less airflow than Jazz, and I also have ATF cooler infront, but I don't feel the car is hot, maye it it because I don't have the temp gauage and I still want to install oil cooler and maybe I will install it infront of AC condenser as I usually have my AC on as I live in Egypt and it's hot. What about making the AC fan work with the Radiator fan together. Have done it in my old car as it was heating. You can also have vents in you hood that will help cool the engine.
    Last edited by kimo; 05-02-2006 at 07:21 AM.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    who cares about the thermo switch...i want turbo!

I think Honda didn't include a temperature guage because the normal operating temperature would be regarded as too hot by a lot of people.

When the Honda VFR800 bike was released with side mounted radiators and supporting thermo fans its LCD display included a temperature guage. A lot of owners were concerned about the high temperatures so much so some went as far as selling the bike or at least repeated visits to the dealer insisting there was a problem. Had Honda just put a hot and cold light in like the Jazz there would have been no issues.

Jus reckon a supercharger would be better. The Eaton seems to mate well to most Hondas - Civics, etc. Would give it boost low to midrange and not just top end. Blowers don't get turbo lag probs.
    Last edited by vividjazz; 05-02-2006 at 06:46 PM.

It's strange that Honda will make that, but I think in my City the radiator is bigger than the Jazz it'a all the way to the front grill but I think in Jazz it's only half the size.