Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    Hi guyz, I'm new on this forum, and this is my first thread.
    Just wondering how the Civic 92-93 SI hatch manual goes. Are they quick and easy to mod? Also, what about the CRX 89-90 Manual. Both run the same engine, that is, the D16A8 if l'm correct.

Are these engines easy to mod with good power results?

Also, is anybody sleeing their Civic si hatch or CRX ?

thanks again, any help would be great

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    CRX has a D16A8, not too sure about the EG Si. I think it is but not too sure really. A.C.S DRAG was running a D16 in his '90 CRX up until a while ago I think. He might still be running it.. Its good for a 12 or so second pass, and another they have is well into the 11's (Possibly 10's now)... Really depends how much you want to do I guess! Being DOHC, its a good performer if you dont want to spend alot, with a bit of balls to back it up

Hope my uneducated attempt of an answer helped d00d!

theo

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    welcome to the forums, an Si civic is prob fastest out of the australian market eg civics i know this cos i have a vti and got beaten by 3 different Si's, F@RK U BEN!!!!

Im pretty sure the gen 2 crx (88-90) is faster than the civic Si since theyre like 800 ish kgs in weight.

It would also be easier to tell us ur location and how much u want to spend?

Good luck in finding ur honda

check out www.prestigemotorsport.com

he got a very nice CRX for sale and its got a B16A. id get it if i had the cash.

welcome to the forums, check out the marketplace to dude.

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    thanx guyz, l've seen that prestigemotorsport bullcrap. Thay charge u heaps man. Like heaps heaps..almost the same price as they sell here..maybe more. Plus u got more headaches with paper work and gov. Anyway

I live in Sydney, Australia. strathfield/inner west area.

Theres a CRX for sale, 1988 White, lady owner, but 200+kms. Timmin belt has been changed. she wants ^gs Wah u rekon?
    Also, I gotta pivot Auto shift light. Plugs into cig lighter. RED LED lights p. Fully adj. Anybody interested lol

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    6 gs l meant, soz

Civic Si is good!!

the engines in the CRX Si's and Civic Si's are almost identical. Only difference i found was that the civics are 96kw and the CRX's are 100kw [this isn't atw, think its at the flywheel but i have never bothered to check how they rate it]

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    both engines make awesome turbo platforms

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100
    Quote Originally Posted by b16a_integra
    check out www.prestigemotorsport.com

he got a very nice CRX for sale and its got a B16A. id get it if i had the cash.

welcome to the forums, check out the marketplace to dude.
    i saw that crx: http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...p?StockID=1864
    and its not a B16A, thats a ZC or D16A8... (non vtec)

yeh i got EG VTI vtec sohc, n got done by a D16Y8 civic si! they go pretty well!

if anythin save ur cash and turbo the d16 it will run nice!

Member Array
    6 Gs??? BUT IT DUDE. I looked around for ages for a crx. Ur lucky i wanted a white one. lady owner to. DEFINTALEY CHECK IT OUT!!!
    welcome to ozhonda

the ZC . d16a8 is a good lil revvy engine - as long as its in decent conditin , and good strong electricals ( a hondas downfall) with minor mods u can suprise many a b16a

Just dont race one upill in 5th gear *sigh Danny* . . . .