Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R
    nah....not yet but according to high management depending on how the new sedan goes we might get the hatch from europe.....and if there is enough interest in the coupe from america then we might get it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    its not about how long it takes u to shift only... its the overall feel and control fo the car, the experience and the fact that auto boxes dont put power to the ground as good...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    btw i dont htink the article sez there is no manual...just no manual forthe person to test on the day

i really doubt honda would bring a car out with only a slusher box, given how mcuh australians acutlaly like manuals. I mean comeon, they brought out manual for the honda accord ffs, y not for civic of all things

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3 & 02 EP3 CIVICS
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    You know what's the funny thing? Honda did it again. 115kW from a 2.0L compared to SP23's 115kW from 2.3L! LOL, even with the low end i-VTEC on only the intake cam!
    lol not that impressed 2lt honda making 115kw and 2.3 mazda making 115kw.... wait what do the b16a boys get oh yeah 1.6lt with 118kw

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Definitely time for my upgrade, getting very tired with my 05 gli, not so impressed with only 115kw but its definitely better than my current 88kw asthmatic 1.7.

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

i thought the k20 would've made more power than 115kw?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Civic Sport

5 Speed Manual
    $29,990*
    5 Speed Auto
    $31,990*

Civic VTi features plus...

2.0L 114kW i-VTEC engine
    Curtain airbags
    16" alloy wheels
    Leather trim & sunroof

I just finished reading todays Motoring liftout from "THE WEST" (west australian daily papers). They had two page review of all new civic that's on the way to oz.
    They did testing in NZ, but only 1.8l models with man and auto trans.
    It was all positive feedback, but the said they would love to get their hands on 2.0l model, because as they said 1.8 was going pretty good.
    Models coming are:
    1.8l VTi man $20990
    1.8l VTi auto $22990
    1.8l VTi-L man $22490
    1.8l VTi-L auto $26490
    2.0l Sport man $29990
    2.0l Sport auto $31990
    1.3l Hybrid CVT $31990

All model including enteri level 1.8l Vti man ($20990) have ABS with electronic brake force distribution, power steering, air conditioning, central locking, cruise control, tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment, power windows and mirrors, two air bags, active front head restrains, fold-down rear seat and speed-sensative audio controls.

VTi-L adds an outside temp gauge, climate controle, split-fold rear seat, side air bags, security alarm, alloy wheels and six-stacer CD.

Sport model comes with six airbags, electric two way sunroof, electric power steering, 16" alloys, driving lights, steering wheel mounted audio controls and exclusive grey or blue leather interior.

Hybrid has same specs as sport just different engine.

I think that for normal every day driving basic model gives a lot for that price tag of $20990, Sport model is good base for a bit of tuning (K20), still better priced than it's rivals with lots of goodies included in $29990.

They recon if UK build hach is ever gonna come it would be priced in mid 30K, so my opinion is if it's not a Type R hach thay shouldn't b even try.

I was just thinking if it would be possible getting a basic model $20990 but with 2.0l engine, like a special order from honda, of course we would pay a bit extra for engine but if we gonna mod the car we don't need 6 airbags, 16"rims, leather interior ect, I would personaly get bucket seats in, new rims and son on, paying almost $10K for something we don't need is big waste.

Maybe few of the boyz that work for honda could tell us if such a order could be made.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    http://world.honda.com/CIVIC/thenew2006civic/

this is the s*@t

very very nice!!!
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by c1v1c
    lol not that impressed 2lt honda making 115kw and 2.3 mazda making 115kw.... wait what do the b16a boys get oh yeah 1.6lt with 118kw
    HAAHH yeah but the 2.0L has 188Nm of torque at 4200RPM !!!! stick that in your B16A and smoke it

and YES first thing I thought was 'more K20' swaps thanks to many more to be sold and rolling on AUS roads in these Civic Sports.

PLUS headswap of the Type S or EURO's to iVTEC on both intake AND exhaust and then there's the K24 Frankenstein option..

but man fo f'sake !! it's a 4-door.. I'm sorry but a 4-door sedan is not sporty unless you are a commodore driver !!

if sales go good for this new 8th Gen in AUS, we'll more than likely get the coupe next year, but the 5-door still being built in Europe is unlikely.

Bring on the K20 coupe or bring on 2008 and a CRX/DC5 replacement !!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    will the civic K20 be compatible with integra cams, intakes, headers???
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph