Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    is it worth it to pay $30k for civic sport?
    add another $10k you get euro lux

'93 - Japan gets a frigging Type R, we get a detuned SiR (160ps instead of 170ps).
    I thought Civic Type R's didn't appear until the EK series?

The reason why honda australia is not bringing in so many hot models into the country is because of it's demographics. It's all about profits and loss... How many integra type R's have you seen around the streets? The rest of the population would not pay that amount of money to own one! If you read the news in

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25710A0007246C

you will find that the research results show. They are expecting people who are in the mid 30's with small families to get the car. The average buyer is 49 years old. The population here is small, they don't have a big market to start off with... I guess Honda Australia has done the best they could. At least we still see the teg type R's around and also the euro...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by j-specAccord
    that explains alot, where did you get this info from if you dont mind?

so basically Honda are doing what they have always done for AUDM.
    nothing a head, ECU, piston swap and gearbox mods cant change.
    has honda ever taken away the exhaust vtec cam before? the SOHC's dont count
    There is info on the 115kW k20A over at asia.vtec.net. The south east asian countries get a K20A sedan (JDM style but made in Thailand). The info on the 147kW K20A not having P&P anymore I can't remember which article it was. It stated that because of improvements in casting tech, there were no more left over bits of metal sticking out from the casting mold and therefore the k20A not needing anymore head polishing.

Info on the runners are from Hondata.com ("Tuning the TSX" article under the news section) where they tried to put the 147kW K20A intake manifold onto the K24A and they explained the differences (which was loss of power everywhere below 5000rpm and a small increase of 3-5hp above)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I think that this new civic sport with 2.0l engine will do wonders with few simple mods like headers, exhaust, air intake and good tuning, remember it's not 1.6 or 1.8, it's 2.0l.
    I also think that some bolt on turbo and S/C kits will come very soon from over seas (USA and Japan) so there could be some eazy ways of getting more power, I heard that those engines can heandle boost very eazy.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Quote Originally Posted by civicCXI
    is it worth it to pay $30k for civic sport?
    add another $10k you get euro lux
    vote for most irrelevant post ever

ppl who buy a civic may not want/afford a euro? $10,000 = 30% price over civic...we're not talking mercs or Bmw here where 10,000 is the price of an "option"

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Is the 1.8L engine pretty much the same as the 1.7L engine but increased displacement?

I'm suggesting my dad to upgrade to the 06 civic auto from the 05 GLi auto.

I've driven both non-vtec and vtec 1.7L with auto. My dad's GLi feels kinda weak throughout the revs until 3k rpm. My uncle's Vi, feels a bit more responsive down low but still needs to be rev'ved at about 3k to feel something. The engine sound didn't sound very good imo for both engine.

So i'm hoping 1.8L will feel alot better, quieter and more responsive.
    Maybe if i tried the manual version it might be a better story but my dad is only after the auto.

The 1.8L and 2.0L are from Thailand.

Is the 1.3L Hybrid from Japan?

Does anyone know whether the vehicles have HID lamps?

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    my guess would be as an extra?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter
    Is the 1.8L engine pretty much the same as the 1.7L engine but increased displacement?
    It's meant to be different. The engine code should be R18 if it is the same one as in the US Civic. The 1.7L engine is a D17 which is more similar to the EK D15 engines that we had before.

And.... the 1.8L has i-VTEC! More torque at low rpm.
    Last edited by aaronng; 06-02-2006 at 08:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    these engines in the civics are brand new engines designed by Honda Motor Co. it's a 1.8L i-VTEC and a 2.0L i-VTEC.

Although many people "think" there's alot of potential in modifying this car, the fact is, it's very difficult to extract any power out of these engines. They do no have the "lift" when you hit VTEC. These's car's VTEC point i would assume is at 2,200rpm just like the base integra's 118kw 2.0L i-VTEC engine. It's NOT suppose to be a sports car like the VTi-R, Type R or Type S, it's a "sporty" car for the common people.

The K20Z3 is very limited. Yes it does have the "K" and it does have the 2.0L but that's about it. The intake manifold, ecu, cams, and other internals makes this car "meaningless" to tune. You could do it, but what for? Ever wonder why there's hardly any developement on the K20A3 (until recently) compared to the K20A2?? It's because of those things i just mentioned. I mean the K20A3 from the base Integra has 118kw and 191Nm of torque at 4300rpm, but no one is doing anything about it. It's cheaper now, even cheaper than this new 2.0L Civic Sport and it's 2 doors. Why not just buy a second hand Integra and do all the "possible mods" as you guys so speak of instead of this new Civic? Fact is, it's not worth it.

So in conclusion, unless you're willing to spend another $10k on a $30k car to make it faster, don't bother. It's a comfortable, "sporty", commuting car.
    Last edited by Tofu; 08-02-2006 at 12:43 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    All this VTEC tech and everyone forgets how high revving engines used to make power the traditional way. The base torque of the 188Nm of this Civic's K20A is not yet close to the 100Nm/L mark. There is still much potential to increase the torque and power output through mods with this engine. If you took a 147kW K20A, there is little that you can do because Honda has already used all the lightweight components from the factory. The fun factor of modding your own car is not there anymore.

If someone were to use lightweight pistons, balance and match the pistons to rods and crank position, polish the head and have a better intake, they can get more torque above the starting 188Nm. Then use more aggressive cams to raise the RPM at which peak torque is produced. Since this K20A will be using an electronic throttle, we're still not sure if any aftermarket controllers will be released. So far for Hondas with an electronic throttle, the solution has been to reflash.

In terms of forced induction, the lower compression ratio means you can have more boost pressure. In the end, everything falls back to engine management and whether or not a solution will be produced for the ECU and handle electronic throttle as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by j-specAccord
    i disagree.
    how the hell can a commodore be a sports car they look like a regurgitated chev thats been spat on by all american car manufacturers!!!!
    you missed my point TOTALLY !!!

What I was sayiong was: 4-door sedans ARE NOT sporty... however knobs who drive HSV's etc think their sedans are sporty.. ie. I am saying only morons think sedans are sports cars.

and yes touring cars dont count - but even a V8 Supercar aint 'sporty' IMO.