recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole

Unhappy ???oil Catch Tank???

just wondering is it worth it??? and would a dodgy one from ebay does the same job? or its not really important for a civic like mine??? i do track and push the car quite a bit tho... sorry for being such a noob... i searched and didnt get much info...
    cheers
    nick

Member Array
    It keeps oil out of the intake from the PCV system. I have a $15USD one off ebay. All it needs to be is a tank with two hose inlets. One from the PCV and the other to the intake manifold. It's something you might want, don't have to have one but it never hurts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    they all work pretty much the same
    they are not nesscessary but i'm getting one
    I looked inside my manifold the other day and just saw a pool of oil sitting in there

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    so i guesss i m goin to need one as well... better safe then sorry ... so even its like a cheap dodgy brand still woirks alrite? coz i dun wnat to spend too much ... a good branded one would cost like 100+ .. so u guys reckon ebday ones should still be fine...?
    thx guys
    that was helpful

Member Array
    Here is the one I have. Nothing special or anything but it works! Here is a Greddy one, one with a breather, OBX, HKS, and a expensive generic one.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    does the breather do anything?
    or its for more bling?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Rally: 86 civic
    You connect the tank to the PVC (positive crankcase valve) so all the oily fumes goes into it, the you can either plumb it back into the intake or have it just going out the breather. Breather is illegal due to EPA.

Yeah i also have one, ive had it fitted for a month or 2 now and hammered my car a few times, and yeah its cought a fair bit of oil.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaCivic
    You connect the tank to the PVC (positive crankcase valve) so all the oily fumes goes into it, the you can either plumb it back into the intake or have it just going out the breather. Breather is illegal due to EPA.

Yeah i also have one, ive had it fitted for a month or 2 now and hammered my car a few times, and yeah its cought a fair bit of oil.
    ok thx heaps guys... i htink i got wat i wanted to know... lub u all long long time la

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Rally: 86 civic
    Heres a pic of mine, not the best pic but you can sorta see it. On the right of my air filter behind my horns, with the 2 hoses running into it.