Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

annoying clutch pedal noise

everytime i step on the clutch and release it it makes a clicking noise... does anyone have this noise with the clutch pedal.. its very annoying.. any ideas whats going on.

Member Array
    Car:
    nival
    Ive got a tiny squeek sumtimes when i've been driving hard... supposedly it just sum wear and tear issues but i think its time for heavy duty for me. . . but then again im not exactly running stock

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If click is at the top, could be the clutch switch. If the click is at the bottom or it sounds more like a squeak, creak or twang (spring) and it feels notchy, then it might be the clutch master cylinder.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    yea ive also had some squeaking sounds when the clutch is depressed and released, its nothing really, its jus the clutch boot that needs re-oiling.. if anyone does need help on this squeakin issue then i can show exactly where to apply the lube.. =)

as for the clicking sound... im not too sure.. how loud issit. get someone to keep steppin on it and stick ur head in the engine bay (engine off of course n try to locate it..

clicks are the switches if squeeks are the lubes
    jus lube it up high follow where the pedel is and ull see spring n stuf just WD40 it

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Supra Twin Turbo
    ^^^ what he said, up from the pedal you will see a spring and a large joint. WD40 that but be carefull not to spray it over the pedals or let it drip down. If you lube you're clutch or brake you'll regret it later...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    hey! with that squeaking noise.. is that something big that i should be concerned about because sometimes i have that to when i push the clutch pedal in...

or is it just something minor?
    .. h o n d a

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    there is two little plastic bushes on the assembly for the clutch pedal. My bet is one of both of the little bushes are broken. Makes a squeaky noise and the pedal doesnt feel as smooth. Cost about $14 from honda. I would look there before going to the engine bay to look for problems

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    If click is at the top, could be the clutch switch. If the click is at the bottom or it sounds more like a squeak, creak or twang (spring) and it feels notchy, then it might be the clutch master cylinder.
    I have the latter..if it is the clutch master cylinder, what does it mean? Do I need a new one? Or just a fluids flush or something? I have the minor squeak when the clutch is completely pressed in (beyond the point it needs to go, ie. i have the clutch on the floor when though I coulda changed gear at 60%)

Matt
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    yeah my clutch makes a annoying noise at the moment got told its the thrust bearing. when i took it to mechanic they couldnt hear it whifch was annoying

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Integra VTEC
    Got same problem......sometimes.....whenever u in a busy place and don't want embarrassing noises to come out of your car......my clutch squeaks when i put it all the way down and up again.

Was told its the clutch spring from my mechanic and he said it just needs spme lube. Gonna take care of that next service.

I also get a clicking noise coming from the engine bay when i press the clutch in and out.....i can hear the noise even when the car is turned off and i just press the clutch in.....can only hear it when the garage door is closed cause its quite faint and u won't hear it if there is any other background noise.

Got no idea if thas normal or not.....going to ask about that too next time i get a service. Any ideas?? hoping its normal!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by shebangs
    I have the latter..if it is the clutch master cylinder, what does it mean? Do I need a new one? Or just a fluids flush or something? I have the minor squeak when the clutch is completely pressed in (beyond the point it needs to go, ie. i have the clutch on the floor when though I coulda changed gear at 60%)

Matt
    On my car, the clutch creak was bad enough that I could feel that the pedal would have a step motion where it would get caught and then come out quick when I tried to release my foot gradually, making shifting a little less smooth. My car was still under warranty, so they lubed it up and the problem went again for only 2 weeks. The 2nd time, they replaced the clutch master cylinder. In the US, one guy was told by his dealer than his excessive clutch wear was caused by the failing master cylinder. I checked the technical service bulletin for this problem and it goes way back to even before 1994 over a variety of Honda models including the Civic, CRV and Accord.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2