Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Philips Crystal Vision VS Diamond Vision

I've been looking at purchaing a new set of headlight globes for a while.

I can't decide between Philips crystal visions and Philips daimond visions . At the moment im leaning towards the latter because the diamonds produce a nice colour, although the crystals emit a whiter light which is probably better in terms of visibilty but the diamond visions did look pretty nice when i tried them on my car.

Has anyone used these before? What do you think about them?

What parkers did you guys use with the diamond visions?

Pictures would be great too :P
    Last edited by philmak; 06-02-2006 at 06:12 PM.

I've used the Crystal visions in my car before. Looking back they werent that great for visibility, they were more distracting and dazzling then practical. I prefer my OEM Bulbs as I can see more of the road. But if i were to get new bulbs i'd get the Vision Plus by Philips.

And when I bought my bulbs I got them with parkers to match the headlights, so they were white too, although you can buy them seperately for around $20 for a set of parkers by Philips.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    to be honest, crystal vision and diamond vision are shithouse in terms of visiability. sure they look pretty, but at times like dusk, and rain, you cant even tell they are on!
    if you wanted a happy medium between looks and function, i would pick the blue visions. 75% of our sales at work are the blue visions. i think its about a 33% improved brightness over standard. the coating on the globe isnt as thick as the CV and DV, so visibiltiy isnt sacfrificed for looks.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Diamond vision is not ADR approved too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Renault Clio Sport
    actually the reson they arnt adr approved is because they dont last as long as a regular globe..
    personaly ide get diamond vision, it gives decent looks and performs well against the other compeditors,, but the downside is that they are 100 dollars, but u do get parkers with them though.....

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 euro 07
    I bought my crystal for $90, the diamond vision is $150. Sure the diamond vision looks alot more sexier, but my crystal visions work just as good, and look just as blue. Just dont take off that metal reflector that covers the globe.

I used to have a GT4 celica wich used H4 globes, i had my crystals in there, & took the reflector coz i thought it mite make it more blue, but it doesnt.. wen i bought my civic, i left the reflectors in there & now it looks more blue because it reflects more off the metal.

Regarding the free parkers.. give`em away.. it aint blu parkers. Its more wite n abit yellowish (ugly yellow stock color).

Buy sum monza 3-LED parkers they are a nice wite. and look abit blue!! $10 from autobarn, autopro or repco. OR JUST STEAL `EM!!! hehe

GOOD LUCK

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic GLi
    Get some BJUnion 6200K Halogen, it comes with free parker and only cost $55-$60, and the bulb is twice the size of diamond vision.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Rally: 86 civic
    Ive had them all! I hade blue visions and the put crystals in, then diamonds. Diamonds are the same intensity as crystals so get diamonds!

You put a crystal in one headlight and a diamond in the other, the crystals look stock yellow! deff a noticable diff.

I get them trade price (dad auto elec) H4's diamonds are bout $80/90 TRADE

Both Crystal and Diamonds are not ADR approved. But cops dont care!

Edit: I use to keep blowing crystal globes all the time, diamons seem to last alot longer! havent blown one yet! now saying that ill blow one tonight
    Last edited by HondaCivic; 07-02-2006 at 07:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    Both crystal and diamond vision arent ADR approved (4300 & 4600K) but its highly unlikely u will get pulled over for having them. I bought some crystal visions about 2 weeks ago and i IMO it looks noticeably blue enough and the visibility isnt that bad either. I think the diamond visions decrease visibilty slightly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Rally: 86 civic
    I dint notice any increase in intensity from crystal to diamonds but most importantly i dint notice any decrease. Diamonds look better and last longer. Trade price there not much more.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    The more intense blue colour of the diamonds really strain ur eyes after a longer drive tho so i still say crystals are better.

I think the crystals are closer to an HID colour so they are a bit more whiter
    Last edited by philmak; 12-02-2006 at 04:36 PM.