Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    from my expereice diamond visions give the best looking light, but poor visabilty and my H4s never seemed to last. Checked the grounding and everything but still blew. Ive got h1s in my fog lights but they are going good.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    had h4 crystal visions
    lasted 10months

nice light nice globe but life isnt that great for $100 globes

got my yellow oem ones back in... man they go on forever...

Member Array
    Car:
    a honda i guess...
    although phillips are well known for their bulbs, other brands like bj union or raybrigs are just as good, if not betta. definately cheaper....

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Philips Vision Plus FTW!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Philips Power2Night FTW!!!

Awesome light output, white with a slight yellow colour. The tip is tinted/coloured blue so it looks good in a reflector housing. Well worth the $57 I payed for them.

The current Autosalon mag as a review of light bulbs, here's a little snippet:

BlueVision ($60) 3500k 9/10 (for brightness)
    CrystalVision ($100) 4500k 8/10
    DiamondVision ($145) 4800k 6/10
    Power2night (or GT150, $57) 3300k 10/10
    VisionPlus ($40) 3200k 9/10
    Philips Premium ($22) 3200k 9/10
    Narva Halogen ($22) 3100k 9/10
    Narva Plus50 ($37) 3200k 10/10
    Narva Artic Blue ($40) 3600k 9/10

There's quite a few more bulbs in the review Exelite, Bosch, Mtec, Polarg,Bio Light, MiraMax, Calibre, Splitfire, Raybrig and G4. There is also a pic of each bulb when it's in actually use, although the picture is just of how the bulbs looks in the housing and not of the light output on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3aKi3 View Post
    The current Autosalon mag as a review of light bulbs, here's a little snippet:

BlueVision ($60) 3500k 9/10 (for brightness)
    CrystalVision ($100) 4500k 8/10
    DiamondVision ($145) 4800k 6/10
    Power2night (or GT150, $57) 3300k 10/10
    VisionPlus ($40) 3200k 9/10
    Philips Premium ($22) 3200k 9/10
    Narva Halogen ($22) 3100k 9/10
    Narva Plus50 ($37) 3200k 10/10
    Narva Artic Blue ($40) 3600k 9/10

There's quite a few more bulbs in the review Exelite, Bosch, Mtec, Polarg,Bio Light, MiraMax, Calibre, Splitfire, Raybrig and G4. There is also a pic of each bulb when it's in actually use, although the picture is just of how the bulbs looks in the housing and not of the light output on the road.
    what do they base the scores on?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by [ricer] View Post
    what do they base the scores on?
    For brightness thye used a light metre and setting it to ISO100 with a shutter speed of 1/25th second.

For colour ratings they projected the light onto a white screen and took a photo of it, Adobe Camera Raw was then used to process it to give a kelvin reading.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    u cant really test the life expectancy of a globe can you when conducting a test on various globes over a short period of time?

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    Ok, where to start... Since this post was started, crystal vision have past an ADR approval, but as some other guys were saying, the chances of you getting defected for non ADR approved headlights are so ridiculously slim that it doesn't matter.

Vision plus and Power to night, or GT150's are exactly the same thing, only the Gt150's have the blue tip to make them more attractive in your hadlight when turned off! Also, at the moment, the GT's only come in H4 and H1.
    But yes, these will be the brightest by a mile, they just do not give the blue hue that the others do!

If you want my opinion, i would forget about all these bulbs costing up to 120 bucks or so and go a full HID replacement kit, the phillips ones are getting pretty cheap now, meaning that the market is getting competitive, same thing that has happened with the sat navi systems, the cheapest ones now retailing for around the $299 mark!

Just to let you know, phillips have just released another one Called "silver vision" through the headlight range, this is because, honestly, blue is out!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by [ricer] View Post
    u cant really test the life expectancy of a globe can you when conducting a test on various globes over a short period of time?
    There was no mention of globe life, the review is simply just about colour and brightness. To do a review of all those bulbs it'd take months if not years for each bulb (under normal conditions) and to have consistency you'd have to test each one under the same conditions (ie same car), i'm pretty sure they have better things to do than to test a light bulbs life expectancy.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    yeah i thought so... just wanted to make sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Actually has anyone considered the Narva ones?? their not HID coloured... but they have the +50% brightness ones now and make a huge difference in visibility compared to oem and hid type globes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.