Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS

cd player or amp issues

hey guys got an issue..

if im playin the radio...in my car sub works everythings cool ya know.. but if i put a cd on .. my amp turns off.. i even watched it like literally the green power light fades off i dont understand wat it could be my dad rescently played with the wires coz installers at a shop wired my amp to constant 12v causing my car to go dead every day.. till we found the problem.. that problems solved but now the amp turns off only wen i go to play a cd.. this is a weird problem man.

Sounds as if whoever installed your amp has used the trigger wire for a power antenna as the trigger wire for the amp. On most headunits, this particular wire will only be 12volts +ve when the radio is playing but will be cut when a CD is playing (whats the point of having an antenna up when a CD is playing?). Swap the amp trigger lead around so that it is connected to the amp trigger of the HU and not the antenna trigger and this should fix it. If there isn't a dedicated +12volt amp trigger, you could wire it up to any wire which gives out 12volts +ve when the car is turned on but is cut when the car is off (try the yellow Accessory wire connected to the HU).
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    hay man im assuming 'by trigger wire" u mean the remote wire..
    liek from the amp to the accessorys or watever.. so my remote wire u think is to my anntanae... heres sumthin tho ever since i got my car... 3 years ago where the plug for the antannae is at the rear of the car i unplugged it coz the anntanae is busted so it dont go up n down... i read sumthing about this on the clarion trouble shoot thing but i dont know which wire ur talkin about or them.. all i see is that the remote wire runs into a blue wire then i think that goes into the deck or the accesorys not to sure..

Yes, by trigger wire I mean remote wire.. It has nothing to do with the antenna being connected or not, its just the amp's remote turn on function that is the problem..

Have you got the wiring diagram that came with the instructions for your deck? If not, try to get a copy of it from the manufacturer.

Locate the wire that is labled as "amp trigger" (some decks will also have an "power antenna trigger" wire but many cheaper decks combine the two).

Make sure that the amp's trigger/remote wire is connected to the "amp trigger" and not to the "power antenna trigger." The wire you're looking for should be a thin gauge wire coming from the amp to your HU (it's usually moulded into the RCAs). You should be looking to connect it to a thin-gauge blue wire coming from the HU's wiring harness..

If your HU doesn't have a remote lead/amp trigger, try doing what I said earlier and connecting the wire coming from the amp to the accessory wire of the HU.
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    hay man i figured it out you were right your a legend..
    i had the deck a t.v and a dvd player installed bout hmm 3 months ago.. the remote wire went into the power antannae thing... i found the wiring diagram for my deck and it says blue wire for the the antanne and blue with white for the trigger... now the dickhead installers...have put it to the blue wire.. i searched thru the decks wiring.. and found this wire all bundled up going to no where so i undid the electric tape to find it unlinked so unclipped my remtoe wire and put it to the blue and white wire.. and bingo all good man...
    these guys are so shit. they also wired my remote wire to a 12v constant.. until i figured that out.. but yeh now im happy so all good aye ur a sikunt man thankz for the 12:30 am electric lesson

Happy to help.
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery