Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    since they have your red key, be sure to change rego too.. as a safety precaution..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    just with yiour red key problem

you dont have to buy new locks,

Honda do a kit with a Immobiliser ECU an Uncut RED key and 2 Uncut black keys, costs about $400, compared to the $800 to 1k for new lock package.

you then get the red and black keys cut to your exsisting keys code, then program in the new immo control unit to the ECU

if you want you can pay more and get the whole locks changed, but its cheeper to get your locks recoded and the new keys cut to suit a new code.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Hmm, my uncle's DC2R got broken into as welll last month. 2 red recaros, some Apexi controller and Type R mats. This occured in Fox Studio car park in broad daylight.

Seriously, Is there a gang going around for Recaro's? It's occuring everywhere.

doesn't it take while to get the seats off?

Quote Originally Posted by Poeter
    Seriously, Is there a gang going around for Recaro's? It's occuring everywhere.
    its such an obvious question with a probably equally obvious answer...but feck - we feel so much and hear of it never getting "caught in hte act" or anyone seeing ANYTHING at all ?

I hate to quote crap but

...that shit is orchastrated !

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    jus use seat covers so they dont take the chance thinkin its a fake type R.. haha

nah seriously tho its pretty messed up.. jus get a good alarm system. ie a loud one.. even tho its not goin to stop them itll attract some attention. thenhopeflly someone who also loves their R will save the day..

anyway better to get ur seats taken then the whole thing.. none the less i hate u theives!
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1900-hustler
    nah seriously tho its pretty messed up.. jus get a good alarm system. ie a loud one.. even tho its not goin to stop them itll attract some attention. thenhopeflly someone who also loves their R will save the day..
    Yea but should make sure the alarm is installed somewhere that isn't accessible to snipe the wires.

My uncle's Type R had an alarm but the thieves opened the bonnet quickly and sniped the wires. Then they took it out and smashed it on the ground.

my car got broken into...
    i had the whole car's locks replaced for $500 at a locksmith
    2 keys + programmed

pm me if you want details
    Almost ozhonda furniture.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Sport 6MT
    ahhh mate so sorry to hear. exact same thing happened to me in mid january while i was at work...
    my main word of advice is, be careful regarding going through insurance company, because they wrote my dc2r off because theres sensors in the seats which control the airbags etc, and the fact brand new through honda they cost like $7k a seat.
    may sound absurd, but thats whats happened
    best of luck mate! hope it all works out well for you.

Damn shame! Just had my black recaros stolen this week & my DC2R was parked in my units secure "not" car park. I dont think it matters where you park your car so a warning for those who still have their nice recaros, get a good alarm installed!

I'm with NRMA & it looks like my excellent condition DC2R is going to be a write off as well . I've had it since new, last of the 2001 batch so its dissappointing. F..k.n thieves!

According to the tow truck driver he reckons to replace the seats is like $9k & thats if you can get them.

Maybe its the same gang/people who are going around doing this bad sh.t? I think I can still get my type R mats back if someone is interested in buying them...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 NBP DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2r View Post
    i go to maq uni...my seats got stolen when i was in class in the uni car park...i hear alot of bad things happen to car there...im definately not the first and definately not the last...ill never drive my car there again tho...prob just take the parents hehe..
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    guys n girls...PLEASE beware of Maq. uni + centre....there is a massive amount of cars broken into/taken.

I dont knwo for sure but its very likely from those stupid kids at Ivanhoe place nearby (government housing).

Daytime is OK but plz dont park your car near there anytime at night for a long time ok ! ( for example during movies etc)

i go to maq uni, but i haven't parked inside since my fine T___T. i park in maq center now, although now that bennjamin says its not safe, im having 2nd thoughts about it

I do see 2 nice hondas (an integra and something else *crap memory*) parked inside maq center at the back in a dark area on the orange level. at first i thought it was an easy target to break into, but i then noticed how small the gap is between the 2 cars and the wall surrounding the cars and id imagine it'd be impossible to take anything big eg recaros from the cars, smart thinking. maybe ill steal that parking spot next time =p

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    DO NOT GO TO HONDA to get your key problem fixed
    they will charged you ridiculous prices!

well if you got ANY copies of the keys, you're still ok just make a copy of it.. red key aint shiet really.. unless you lose black and red.

well enough with blabbing on about shit..
    call this guy 0419 436 389 "Perfect Locksmiths" he hooked me up.. when my gf lost her BLACK keys, this guy does copies on black keys too.. he either programs it to you immobilser unit, or copies the chip thingo in your black key.

HONDA just over charges, ring around and find some locksmiths..