Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas

WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - DBA Front Slotted Rotor Install

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, nor OzHonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To upgrade the humble eg5s braking capabilties by installing a pair of DBA Front Slotted Rotors.

Time: 30mins

Required:
    - Car jack
    - Jack Stands
    - 12mm socket, spanner etc
    - Hammer
    - Impact Hammer (essential)
    - Metho and rag
    - Wire Brush
    - Old Geto boys CD or something similar

Info:
    As always i have been busy, blah blah and actually installed these months ago however i only now got round to posting this write up. Sorry bout that lol. This is a very easy install, please dont pay some one to do this, all you need to install these is an Impact Hammer which i can get round for bout $30.00 so buy one and use these easy steps and your down. Wrench on

Step 1:
    Ok as always, time now to jack up the front of your car safely! Nice sturdy stands in the right places with some nice wheel chocks will keep Uncle Trav happy! Do it! Scissor jacks are whack!
    Also remove wheels. Use your impact hammer and hit the 2 screws cirlced. I do this first so if i cant get em undone i wont have to put the caliper back together. Believe me, its happened.

stockness = teh nissan

my lil mexican homie, Impacto Hammerito

Loosened!!

Step 2:
    Well thats pretty much it, lol kiddin! but thats the hardest part. Once the screws r loose all thats needed to do is remove the caliper so u can swap over the rotors. Remove the couple of 12mm bolts holding the caliper to the hub like so. Just swing it aside, this may seem vague but youll know what u have to remove when your under there. Its easy.

Step 3:
    Once the caliper is out the way slide the rotor off. place it next to the slotted replacement and procede to laugh! ha! slotted owns stock but really, the new slotted rotor is a hornbag!

before you put the new slotted on, plz knock some of that surface rust off your hub like so, and also CLEAN your new rotor with some metho or something similar. Be careful not to rub the paint of the centre

Step 4:
    Now basically reverese the removal process. Please ensure all removed bolts/nuts r TIGHT but NOT OVERTIGHT! were dealing with your brakes here, so a lil precaution is needed. Once all is back together, start car, pump brakes a lil and get some 'feeling' back into the pedal. Go for a short EASY drive to make sure there r no new vibrations and/or ugly noises that werent there before. If all is sweet do some high speed braking on an empty road to double check all is well under there

Done:
    Now this is the illest, Slotted rotors get you laid and u know it LOL
    u should feel a definate difference when under brakes, less fade and far more 'responsive' etc.

if u have added some goodies under your bonnet it may be time to think bout some goodies behind your wheels.

thanks for looking guys

Trav

oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    man, thats toooo easy to do... we'll have to do mine when my pads chew up my stockers!!

and i've seen how they handle on your car too!!

good write up man!!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    i know this is abit off topic but what suspension do you have? and do you sell it?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Trav, is an impact really that essential? I have heard some people say yes and others say no??? (do you know what they usually retail for (the hammer that is?).
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    essential? man u will not be able to get the screws undone with ur arms u may have to drill em out if u dont buy a hammer, its noted in the write up thats they are bout $30.00

my sussy consist of king springs + koni yellows. my eg is fully gutted and rides on 15s/14s.

thanks dave
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    dammm nice write up trav! i gotta get me sum rotors off u n whack em on
    will you do the rear aswell?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Car:
    Civic
    Hey Trav. Why dont you just throw it in when I get the rotors .

They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    thanks man. fronts, rears and all available. and mike throw it in? lol what am i goin to use, get one from super crap y dont u, ull used it again im sure
    oh wrd!

Car:
    Civic
    I will send it back, I promise .

Now that you made the fronts all pretty, time for the rears as well?

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    already done mate
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    always a nice writeup trav

car looks hot!! u mentioned kings.. is it superlow?

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by STTICH
    always a nice writeup trav

car looks hot!! u mentioned kings.. is it superlow?

thanks man, yes, cheap ass king springs super low + koni yellows.

tracking this setup in 2weeks
    oh wrd!