Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Audio Setup

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Lux
    Gday guys,

Well budget has gone a little astray as ive decided to buy the system in parts.. At this stage ive already bought my HU which is a Panasonic 5401.. got that for $243..

My mate has offered me some cheapish speakers for $100 for the front.. They are 200W 6.5" XS-GS160 speakers.. Sony Xplod ones.. Im just curious as to whether these will fit in the front door? Apparently the magnet depth shouldnt be a problem but what about size wise?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    open up ur speaker grill n haf a look
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Lux
    This would involve taking the whole door panel off ,which is something im not confident in doing.. Im hoping someone with previous experience might be able to answer my question

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    try a search
    see wot size it takes
    if its not the rite size, u wud jus need a spacer n that'll it..
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Lux
    Hmm tried a search but it was inconclusive.. Anyone?

Member Array
    M/M/Y? Try www.crutchfield.com and do the "What fits my car?" under Car Accessories.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Lux
    Yer mate, sorry I didnt ignore your first post.. I tried that site but from the look of it it only shows rear speaker specs..

1990 Accord EXi for me..

Member Array
    You use the component sets for the fronts because of the separate tweeter location and the coaxial for the rear deck. You can use a coaxial for the front and not hook up the stock tweeter or you can have it hooked up too. You’ll just have a lot of high frequencies.

If this is your door:

Then use:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Lux
    My door is very similar to that, except we dont have the tweeter like that.. Whether its incorporated in the lower panel or not is another thing, its not visible like in that.. Then again, mine is the sedan..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Lux
    Righto guys..

Installed it myself in the end and did quite a neat job of it too

Not much to see as the speaker is down behind the door panel and covering however I did manage to mount the tweeter specially and seperately because there was no previous slot for a tweeter..

Pardon the poor quality pics but it lets you get an idea at least..

I drilled a hole through the little plastic guard there and ran the cable down behind the door panel... Also, the sticky that came with the tweeter didnt stick so I had to screw that down from behind..

Here is the headunit in place and I ran the AUX cable down through the back of the little empty tray that is sitting there..

Anyways just thought id keep those interested informed..

Headunit cost me $243 and the splits cost me $150.. Installation... priceless