Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i remember i used to have an N13 pulsar that had the 1.8 litre motor and this used to happen to me, its acually happened twice and the module in the dizzy had to be replaced

but it used to bascially cut out pwoer completely then on then off and it was at about 4000rpm, bout 1500 before the redline, if i remember correctly

but check the codes and that will be a clearer indication of whats going on
    Last edited by Zilli; 14-02-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    Ok guys, looked at the ecu and it flashed once really quick as soon as i turned the car to on.. So according to the sheet that means oxygen sensor. And that would be the thing that is connected to the header right?? And i have aftermarket headers wich expose the sensor which could have been damaged by the jet blast from the under carriage car wash?? Starting to make some sense now... How much is it normally to replace the oxygen sensor?? Thanks everyone by the way for your help much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    i think mine from repco was $70 for the part. Dont forget to cover the thread with anti-seaze.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    Also, how much for a new water temp sensor? Can you get those from repco as well??

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    The water temperature guage is really really slow i mean it can take up to 20 mins to get to half way even if it gets there at all?? Anyone else had this problem? You think its the guage or the sensor? This car is costing me alot of money and it isnt even mine!!! Sometimes it doesnt even work at all...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 & DC4
    prob could do with a new thermostat dude, make it warm up a bit quicker and stay at a steady temp

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra VTi-R
    Yeah, if your thermostat is jammed, it's gonna cause you problems. It's a common problem in DC2 Integras, dunno about earlier ones. My thermostat was jammed open. The car wouldn't warm up! So I'd turn it off at the traffic lights. LOL. 'cuz the coolent couldn't move around, that'd heat the car up. But then I'd drive around a bit and the temp would start to drop again. So I'd have to stop at a set of lights and turn the car off again to warm it up. :P That is untill I got the thermostat replaced. Works like a charm now.
    Torino Red '94 DC2 Integra VTi-R :: 96fwkw @7300rpm & 138fwNm @4100rpm :: 0-100 in 7.3 seconds

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 & DC4
    ahha yeah... also with checking the ecu codes... they'll always do one quick short flash as you turn the key on, thats normal... its the codes they keep flashing out after that that you worry about, if any

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    ***PROBLEM SOLVED***

Turns out there was a few things causing the engine to lose all power at low rpms. Spark plugs for a start definately needed replacing, fuel filter, intake manifold removed and cleaned, injectors cleaned (they quoted me $340 each for new injectors) and a coolant service and compression test. Compression test failed, apparently leaking head gasket somewhere but its not bad....yet. Also right hand CV joint is making noise, they reccommend replacing the whole drive shaft.

So there you go, I was going to put this car up for sale on these forums, but knowing these conditions I dont want to rip anyone off. Thanks again everyone for your advice.