Exhaust Questions (sizing)

Hi all,

Soon to take delivery of a Spoon B-Pipe and Spoon N1 exhaust for my EM1.
    I'm also grabbing a 5Zigen header from a trader off these forums.

My question is - I need a high flow Cat - what size do I get to fit this header and b-pipe as they are both 60.5mm?

Xforce High flow cats are either 2.25" or 2.5" - this equals 57.15mm or 63.5mm.

Now I know with the Xforce high flow cat you need an exhaust shop to weld the flanges on each end but do I go a bit smaller or a bit larger? It's about 3mm out either way so I need to find out which one I should get - exhaust experts, I need your help!!

Waggy

No one can help?

Member Array
    Car:
    Em1
    i think ur gonna need a jdm cat or a EJ cat... for some reason em1 coupes have different cats to the EJs... EMs are longer

ian on this forum had a similar problem with getting a vision b-pipe and muffler and a EJ cat fixed it...

Also, EMs having a bigger cat will mean that the b-pipe is too long so u need a different cat to run this system... THATS IF ITS THE SAME AS A VISION EXHAUST THOUGH so dont quote me on it...

i heard the spoon n1 exhaust is farken loud... let us knw how loud wen u get it done

goodluck

I thought Spoon didn't make the N1 for the coupe but anyway, Waggy, give us some feedback once everything is installed as I'm interested.

Thanks champ.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Quote Originally Posted by elim
    I thought Spoon didn't make the N1 for the coupe but anyway, Waggy, give us some feedback once everything is installed as I'm interested.

Thanks champ.
    I've got the Spoon N1 on my EM1. Fits fine without any hassles.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Yep - Spoon make them for the Sedan (which is the same sizing, width wise, as the EK4 and fits the Coupe).

J-MuN - what did you use for a cat??

Yep, Spoon is really loud apparently - I'm trying to outdo my partners RS Impreza lol :P

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I have a larger cat on my car (as recommended by my installer) and dont really notice any detriment to the system.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Get the larger one cos the cat is already restrictive. You should have a slight performance difference with the larger cat. You don't want further restriction
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION