Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Arrow [EURO] 2006 Mugen Grill

Hey pplz.. ive read past it once through one of these threads. But now cant seem to search it.

Anyway, anyone have any progress on putting a 06 mugen grill into our 05's ??

I tihnk if thats possible it'll be my next/last mod.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Well if you put the 06 bumper on the 05 car then this probably can be done - but I don't think this is possible otherwise.

If you look at the 06 and 05 model next to each other you will see why... The gap between the grill and the headlights is completely different and this gap is determined by the bumper - not the grill.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Will the new Euro Sports Limited grill fit on the 03-05 Euro? or is it designed for the 06 bumper?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by ABS121
    Will the new Euro Sports Limited grill fit on the 03-05 Euro? or is it designed for the 06 bumper?
    No - if you want a similar look get the Euro R grill from the 03-05

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    No - if you want a similar look get the Euro R grill from the 03-05
    Yeah but the euro-r grill is like $500+ bucks landed, and seeing as the euro sports limited is local you could rock up to any dealers parts dept and order it, no fuss and probably cheap too ( compared to importing the jdm part)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Yeah but the euro-r grill is like $500+ bucks landed, and seeing as the euro sports limited is local you could rock up to any dealers parts dept and order it, no fuss and probably cheap too ( compared to importing the jdm part)
    Well maybe $500 a few years ago but you would be surprised what Honda Australia now has in stock. A few months ago I asked a Perth Honda dealer for the price of a Euro R radiator panel. He checked the catalogue and found stock of the Euro R grill, panel, etc all at the Honda Melbourne distribution centre (ie in stock in AUSTRALIA - no importing of anything). So if you are keen speak to your local Honda parts - just make sure you give them all the right part numbers.
    Last edited by yfin; 14-02-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    I bought my Euro R (05) grill for $150 fitted from IS Motor Racing in Rockdale. If you want to replace the chrome around the grill with color-coded pieces, it's another $100 (from memory).

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by aleksandrov
    I bought my Euro R (05) grill for $150 fitted from IS Motor Racing in Rockdale. If you want to replace the chrome around the grill with color-coded pieces, it's another $100 (from memory).
    Do you have contacty details for this place?

and is it OEM, or an aftermarket replica?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    But the Euro Sports limited grill isn't likely to fit an 03-05 (or will look odd) because the hood trim and grille surround is different...

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobster
    But the Euro Sports limited grill isn't likely to fit an 03-05 (or will look odd) because the hood trim and grille surround is different...
    You can buy the colour coded trim separately to replae the chrome....

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    The 06 models don't have the surrounding trim in the same way as the earlier models -- that's the point. There's no bonnet trim at all.

It might fit if the overall complete grille shape hasn't changed, but the 06 models have a whole new bumper too, so it might be different.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobster
    It might fit if the overall complete grille shape hasn't changed, but the 06 models have a whole new bumper too, so it might be different.
    It is definate - the size of the grill is completely different - the 06 is huge in comparison. Don't waste your money trying to retro fit this to the 03-05 models.