Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    zX
    so all the after market suroof r around $1000+???
    danm....

I have a Luxury - love the sunroof! But does anyone know if I could hook up the sunroof to a window lifter so when I lock the car with my remote, the windows (if down) will wind up and the sunroof will also close?

not ALL are over 1000+, you can get a manual one that looks and operates sh1t for around $700 i believe. btu why do that on a euro. get the best so you can enjoy it the most. $2000 for a top of the range

coyote: aftermarket sunrooves are wired so that they close when the key comes out, unless u push a button to keep it open. might have to consult an auto electrician.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote
    I have a Luxury - love the sunroof! But does anyone know if I could hook up the sunroof to a window lifter so when I lock the car with my remote, the windows (if down) will wind up and the sunroof will also close?
    I don't see why not. Unless the Euro has some unique wiring that would prevent it. The kits on ebay says they can do sunroofs.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    ^ u got a link to that ebay one that will close automatically when u lock the car?
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    ^ cheers
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    An aftermaket sunroof will NEVER look like OEM. Even my 80yr old grandma can tell..... The ugly black rubber seal around the roof (covering the rough edges of roof cut off) gives it all... plus the glass will never match the curve profile of the roof, plus the non-factory roof switch, the replaced roof liner material... and the list goes on and on....
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme
    if it looks like an oem fit i dont think it will interfere with resale value.
    Last edited by hihidamon; 26-05-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Thank you. The seller of the unit in the 2nd link provides a phone number for installation. I called the guy and they want $230 to install it! Not cheap!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I have a hollinda 700 on my standard euro and i love it!!

It's way bigger than the lux sunroof!! My car is also very low and the sunroof doesn't whistle and no creaking!!

Go for it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    how much did the Hollandia 700 set u back tknova ?

or anyone know the price ?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by djcloud View Post
    very nice

out of curiousity, wouldn't it compromise the safety structure of the car's body if an aftermarket sunroof was to be installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by KL1368 View Post
    Actually, installing a sunroof improves the structural integrity of the vehicle's roof since they need to weld reinforcements to maintain the sunroof in position. Cars without a sunroof usually have no reinforcements across the roof (other than around the front/rear windscreens) and only the roof panel. I know this cos I had a Hollandia (can't remember model number) sunroof installed in my previous vehicle when it was not available as an option. Definitely worth the money!
    It would be more rigid because the glass as a panel is more rigid than steel, up to the point when your car has rolled onto its roof and the glass shatters and your hands fly out through the gap just in time for the next rollover upon which the rim of the opening amputates your hands as it rolls over the road surface.... Only joking. The chance of that happening....lol!
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.