Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    What is the best cold air intake kit on the australian market????

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    i think it'd be hard to say what is the best rather we should say what is the most commonly used.

my 2c.

K&N seems to be d popular one, but wouldnt know if it's the best.

Member Array
    ok, im just tryin to get some opinions on various brands to help me decide on which one to get. so any information/pros and cons, on various brands and where to get them would be appreciated

there isnt a huge difference between aussie made ones if there are any??? i know the custom ones made from exhaust shops do the job ok, as i've got one of these.....

if you look into the k&n/aem/injen ones are prob more advanced in terms of quality/material/colours/fitting etc... but $$
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    AEM is said to be the best in the world, better airflow and all that.

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    bump

but i rekon for our accords...u dun have much to play with..that is..u can't rev them high enuf..therefore..i rekon its better to get a panel filter rather than a CAI coz u loose low end..and achieve top end..but only after 4500rpm, *roughly*

jus getta panel filter..*my opinion*
    u get abit at top end ...4500rpm plus..but get more from 1-4...and thats where u drive ur car more often...if ur racing everday..thats a dif story.

my 2c

hope this helps

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Yeah, when I got my K&N CAI for my car, I lost a bit on the low end RPM.. But I guess the extra $bling$ $bling$ from brand names goes to the quality and finish and the "brand" like Apexi mentioned..

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    ive got a simota CAI in my 5th gen... basically the same as the AEM one except the pod sits where the airbox is, instead of where the resonator is. still to build a box for it, but its coming along

EDIT: prices also differ. i got my CAI kit for $130 (i think they retail more... not sure. it was over a year ago tho.) the last time i looked at the AEM one for the 5th gens, it was sumfin like $500. i just cant justify payin $500 for a CAI... i could prob make a better custom one for half the price.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    ive got a simota CAI, it is the 2 piece one where the filter sits outside of the engine bay in in front of the wheel arch splash guard.

Sounds phat, sounds reall ferkn phat above 6500rpm.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    basically the best ones on the market tend to be the AEM etc. They charge so much because they did the R&D on them to make them the right length, resonance etc

However even just a simple CAI should produce gains if you make sure they are only drawing cold air

Get a AEM V2 they are expensive but damn good, the are also cold air which is even better...
    You can even get them from American Ebay alot cheaper than normal retail..

Member Array
    ok, so where is the best place in sydney (sutho shire (if possible)) to get one???? and roughly how much?