Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Toda Exhaust on DC5R

Has anyone had any experience with this exhaust on the DC5r? I am considering buying one to replace my buddy club 3 exhaust.

I have been hunting around for a while for a dyno or opinions on club rsx but noone has been really able to give me any feed back.

Any help appreciated guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    wats wrong with ur current exhaust system???

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    the toda exhaust looks good in the pic til i saw the actual thing, wasnt impressed with the muffler, it was kinda big and didnt look too good
    arrowz
    SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by kanasu
    wats wrong with ur current exhaust system???
    The buddy club 3 is an obscenely loud exhaust even in just day to day driving. I am looking for something that is quiet that will still net the same power of the BC3.

I have been hunting around for a second hand mugen twin loop, but havent been able to find one

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    the toda exhaust looks good in the pic til i saw the actual thing, wasnt impressed with the muffler, it was kinda big and didnt look too good
    Do you have any actual pictures of it?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Twin loop system’s create un wanted back pressure that the k20 dcr5 engine does not like. The less backpressure a exhaust creates on a k20 or k24 engine the more power you can harness from it, making a exhaust quite by making a exhaust restrictive will always result in less performance, about the best thing you can do is run stainless steal mid mufflers which are straight though , two 4 “ long mid mufflers will shut anything up ! only problem with a DC5r is clearance issues with the ground.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    That said, im just chasing an exhaust that will be quiet while still flowing a bit, which is what toda claims.

I am all for getting a custom exhaust made up, however it will be trial and error to get it to make some decent power while still being quiet. That is my reason for looking for a tried and tested exhaust which will take no stuffing around to keep quiet.

I have the toda headers to put on and get you to retune the car james, but i would love to find a quiet exhaust first!

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I have heard it on Adrian's car (DC5S) at normal driving speeds and it was surprisingly quiet.

The looks of it fitted are a bit kinda different, interesting, not quite sure.....it's nice though nad a bit more understated than the BC3!!

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCRX
    Twin loop system’s create un wanted back pressure that the k20 dcr5 engine does not like. The less backpressure a exhaust creates on a k20 or k24 engine the more power you can harness from it, making a exhaust quite by making a exhaust restrictive will always result in less performance, about the best thing you can do is run stainless steal mid mufflers which are straight though , two 4 “ long mid mufflers will shut anything up ! only problem with a DC5r is clearance issues with the ground.

Regards James
    is this the same for dc2rs??

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    Do you have any actual pictures of it?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20821

here ya go
    arrowz
    SiR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    i jz wana kindly express some personal ideas on wot James said above abt the Mugen TWIN LOOP, first of all, i am not saying James is worng or anything like that at all, in fact i am jz a newbeeie on cars.
    Now as far as i know, i think MUGEN has invented the twin loop end exhaust pipe, and of cos i am not saying MUGEN is the best for everything, but they still one of the leading after market part maker for HONDAs and i jz find it hard to believe that they will develop something that will decreases the flow/ input/power of the K series engine. They didnt realise that when the R&D project goin under on those engine?
    Also mayb jz that i had always wanted Mugen air intake, TODA 4-2-1 and the MUGEN b and end pipe.
    of cos, i can be wrong....
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    Heh ive seen those, i thought you had a pic of them installed.

Thanks though