Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake Installed...

I know there have been numerous posts on various CAI systems, but i just wanted to share with you the thrill I'm getting associated with the K&N Typhoon from Rocket Industries in Sydney.

Took me just under an hour and a half to install (thanks EuroAccord13 for your hints and tips).

The trickest part by far was removing the OEM resonator box through the wheel arch. There's one bolt that is near impossible to reach, especially if you have foglights and don't want to remove them.

Other than that, it's a piece of cake, and the instructions provided are easy to follow.

Initially I installed the SRI version, with the pod filter sitting in the engine bay, but figuered that it would only suck in hotter air than the OEM one, so I said "bugger it" and went with the full system.

I've done no other mechanical mods to the car, and the Typhoon alone makes the car sound frickin' awesome! Under load, it howls!

I rang rocket industries on Wednesday with my credit card number, and the kit arrived the next day! How's that for quick?! Beats waiting for it to arrive from the USA. One thing though; they've got none left in stock, but will be getting more, so get on the phone!! (02) 8825 1900.

Here's a pic:

No longer a Honda Euro driver...

Nice mod how mutch?

Quote Originally Posted by stepanoz
    Nice mod how mutch?
    I got a good price as Rocket Industries are a client of the company I work for, but I think the retail price is around $380 and overnight freight to Melb cost me $40 odd...

You might wanna call and check though...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Exi
    Looks tidy, nice work..

Whats next on the agenda?

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Any pics of the rest of the system behind the front?

How many rpm does the noise really kick in and can you actually hear the VTEC now as the Euro VTEC is so quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r

How many rpm does the noise really kick in and can you actually hear the VTEC now as the Euro VTEC is so quiet.
    No unfortunately. I installed it at a mate's place (so i could use his tools) and forgot to take my camera...

Quote Originally Posted by PeZ
    Looks tidy, nice work..

Whats next on the agenda?
    Eibach Springs I reckon... don't really wanna do too much to it. I don't think the Euro Luxury needs much work.

Watch your stock dampers though!

Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r

Sorry, forgot to answer 2nd question...

Under load, you can really hear it between 3500rpm and 5000rpm - she howls!

Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    Watch your stock dampers though!
    Yeah, definitely...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Good to hear you got it done

Here's some pics from my install for who wants to see it behind the bumper

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9445
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    How have both of you found the "butt dyno" with the Typhoon CAI and is there a loss of response down low?