Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tein flex

well for sure, im just getting for show purpose
    no track for me.
    hmm.. i think i should just go witht he tein SS
    or else if im going for flex, i would have to spend another $1000 on top of the SS

hey stephen man, the TEIN SS imported by fulcrum can acutally work with the edfc unit (i asked them about this when having mine installed).

me_kevinly, the SS are great, like you know i'd defintiely reccomend them. They'll give you a nice drop/show car look without comprimising ride too much and improving handling very noticably even on the very comfortable softer settings you won't need the extra benifits of the flex (lower height adjustment capabilities as the lowering doesnt affect spring rate because of dual adjustable mounts, pillow ball mounts which give greater firmness and feedback through the wheel, and if i'm not mistaken a slightly higher spring rate).

hmm...
    you know what chris?
    i realised that the tein from Fulcrun comes with upper mount as standard while
    trader from here gets import from japan without upper mount coz it cheaper
    without the upper mount you cant install edfc.
    you see the U.S tein ss does not come with upper mout that why they said its not edfc compatible.
    but if im getting it, i might just get it from a trader here. coz fulcrum charge nearly $2k

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    hey stephen man, the TEIN SS imported by fulcrum can acutally work with the edfc unit (i asked them about this when having mine installed).

me_kevinly, the SS are great, like you know i'd defintiely reccomend them. They'll give you a nice drop/show car look without comprimising ride too much and improving handling very noticably even on the very comfortable softer settings you won't need the extra benifits of the flex (lower height adjustment capabilities as the lowering doesnt affect spring rate because of dual adjustable mounts, pillow ball mounts which give greater firmness and feedback through the wheel, and if i'm not mistaken a slightly higher spring rate).
    really? i was told by someone that SS aint compatible.....well.....shut me up then aye
    hmm if EDFC is compatible with SS, then i reckon u should get it. EDFC is pretty cool i gotta say.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

what's the deal with the edfc? isn't it just to change damper? it takes less than a minute
    to change damper front and back... NO OFFENCE to people that have it or want to buy it...
    but for the price that you buy it and install it you can spend it on something else..

Quote Originally Posted by me_kevinly
    hmm...
    you know what chris?
    i realised that the tein from Fulcrun comes with upper mount as standard while
    trader from here gets import from japan without upper mount coz it cheaper
    without the upper mount you cant install edfc.
    you see the U.S tein ss does not come with upper mout that why they said its not edfc compatible.
    but if im getting it, i might just get it from a trader here. coz fulcrum charge nearly $2k
    thanks for pointing that out! i assumed that the "unofficially" imported models came with the uper mounts but there were other differences that stop the edfc from working. To me the fulcrum price was well worth it for the 40,000km warranty alone but yea they can be found for much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by babyboy
    what's the deal with the edfc? isn't it just to change damper? it takes less than a minute
    to change damper front and back... NO OFFENCE to people that have it or want to buy it...
    but for the price that you buy it and install it you can spend it on something else..
    it's convenience more than anything on the euro - to change the rear damper setting you have to unscrew and take out the rear seat pannels. This isn't too hard either and takes about 15 minutes or so... but being able to change dampening rates on the fly may be worth it for some.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    SS will be more than enough for track use as it CAN be really hard if u need to
    Flex for $14XX? that's a good buy but if yr car fuxked u fuxked your 40k+ car since insurance will not pay a cent for it.

i realise they just update the Tein SS page in the tein jap web page
    it states that if you get the non-upper mount, you could not upgrade by buying the upper mount itself lata on.
    i think i might just get it without the upper mount could
    i talk to one of the traders today
    and they said with the upper mount
    it get wear out more faster and later on you might feel it shake abit and some noise?????

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Why is the SS legal while the Flex is not?
    friend of mine told me, cause tein made factory with aust. company in australia. that's why all traders price is different, and they start to making commodore suspesion as well. ( Techician from tein came to australia to set up the factory, it happened sep or oct last year. ) i don't abt Flex is illegal, but if it is i think SS is making from australia, and Flex is not...
    ( correct me, if i'm wrong ... )

btw, i am insured my Tein Flex at AAMI. they only asked what brand, told them Tein Flex. and they insured me.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    the flex are illegal to install on the car
    does it come from the mouth of a SS owner .
    Last edited by chan; 24-02-2006 at 10:31 PM.

RMS motor parts has flex for competitive price.

RMS?
    trader from here?