Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: rev limit????

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    if you LEARN TO READ, he did not say he got 149kW @ 9200.

Give the guy a chance.

Ok - He said he'll post the dyno. I didn't flat out say he is lying, (well, not after my first post) but voiced my doubts. As such, I gave him a chance and I went on to say that if he has picked up a monster, then lucky him (seriously!).

You must have dyno'd 150kw B18C's before - What where the power peaks on them? Were they on the street?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    any updates on that graph?

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    weres DYNO DAVE WHEN YOU NEED HIM HE will tell you bout some b18c hes done close to that figure
    KK24AA

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    i wanna see some proof too
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i wana see the dyno graph too lol and pics! an EF civic with a 150kw atw would be a rocket!
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

i heard about one of the queenslanders with a spoon crate engine making low 120's. kinda gives you an idea of how great spoon actually is... at the end of the day, aren't they just blue-printed oem bits and pieces?
    And so it begins...

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    i heard about one of the queenslanders with a spoon crate engine making low 120's. kinda gives you an idea of how great spoon actually is... at the end of the day, aren't they just blue-printed oem bits and pieces?
    Just ask weezer on this forum about his built B18C-R.

You will then realise that the claims in this thread are not entirely optimistic, but indeed an achievable goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    Just ask weezer on this forum about his built B18C-R.

You will then realise that the claims in this thread are not entirely optimistic, but indeed an achievable goal.
    sorry, but where did i say that the power output was 'entirely optimistic' for a built b18c?

I was just going off on a tangent, as i often do, commenting on the performance of spoon performance bits. i.e. they're not all they're cracked up to be.
    And so it begins...

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    i just usually hit "quote" and reply to the last post.....

i was just making a general statement, not necessarily in reference to you.

The guy with the spoon engine - His name is Jansen. I have met him in Brissie more than once. I can tell you the power output for the amount of money inputted isn't great really - But a very reliable motor.

The difference between 140kw@wheels and 150kw@wheels is massive with a 1.8l Engine - Even the B18C. It almost makes it a non-streetable car, or an engine that simply is useless under 4000rpm.

Flame away ProECU -- Don't Care. I want the dyno graph. What do you drive and what modifications has it got? What power output?

OZHonda, as much as I like the local factor, is full of people who either:
    a) Own a decent ITR and can't drive or;
    b) Own an ITR and think it puts out 190,000kw@wheels.

They are HARD to modify (without serious head work) and keep streetable at that power level. 135kw@wheels is ideal for a street, daily driven type r.

Quote Originally Posted by ewendc2r
    135kw@wheels is ideal for a street, daily driven type r.
    Damn I'm 1kw short lol