Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo

change from kmh to mph

How can you switch between mph and kph, the console looks like it does both? Is it possible?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Not on an Aus S2000. Australian Design Rules say a speedometer must not be able to display MPH. Canadian S2000s switch at the press of a button.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000
    Not on an Aus S2000. Australian Design Rules say a speedometer must not be able to display MPH. Canadian S2000s switch at the press of a button.
    Is there No way? I'm a pom and I'll be taking the car back with me when I eventually outstay my welcome in Oz In order to be able to register it, It will need to be able to do both.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    how much would it cost to ship a car to england? as i want to do the same thing when i go to england to be a pro footballer
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i
    how much would it cost to ship a car to england? as i want to do the same thing when i go to england to be a pro footballer
    about three grand

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You could buy a Euro or Canadian cluster. I don't think there is much problem installing it. Just be aware that the mileage is stored in the cluster so it won't be correct.

I have no idea how hard it is to take a car to the UK but it is almost impossible to bring one into Aus.

VTi_b0i - I've seen Footballer's Wives. You should just give me your S for parts and buy a Bentley when you get there.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    LOL i dont have an s2k but i would take my EH sedan with me cause i love it and it would be the only b18c powered civic sedan around unless its as common of there as it is here haha
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000
    You could buy a Euro or Canadian cluster. I don't think there is much problem installing it. Just be aware that the mileage is stored in the cluster so it won't be correct.

I have no idea how hard it is to take a car to the UK but it is almost impossible to bring one into Aus.

VTi_b0i - I've seen Footballer's Wives. You should just give me your S for parts and buy a Bentley when you get there.
    Actually it's really easy to import cars into the UK. As long as you've owned the car for more than six months there is no import tax or VAT to pay, the main obstacle is registration. The car has to meet UK standards before they will register it. So the speedometer has to be able to display miles and km, the number plate has to be replaced for correct size and many other silly rules. I've heard from others that have done the same thing that the DVLA can be really anal about the whole thing. But as long as you do everything that they ask they have to register it.

I'll just have to make sure that I get a cluster with low mileage

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    lol its easy for me, u can just replace my guages with ones from the states or sumthin and thats done...i am unsure about other things... have to change the tyres and plates and have it taken over the pits or sumthin?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i
    LOL i dont have an s2k but i would take my EH sedan with me cause i love it and it would be the only b18c powered civic sedan around unless its as common of there as it is here haha
    Actually Modified cars are really rare in England. I have no idea why. Perhaps because it's so hard to get insurance (which is compulsary by law in the UK)

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    lol yehh i noticed... i was there for 6weeks and only saw like 3 modded cars... and even they werent modded that much.... i could win shows HAHAHA
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Will you have to remove the turbo?

I know of a couple of turbo Ss in England and I sold my SC to a guy in the UK.