Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    keep the spacers there is no point of having a tie bar too as the brace acts like a tie bar it will do with the brace and a swaybar.

good info and very nice write up!

Quote Originally Posted by LowEk
    yes thats what im going to do. im going to run a 22mm whiteline rear bar. ill let you know how i go with mine when i fit should be fitting it in the next few weeks.
    please do as im very interested. i currently have a whiteline 22mm swaybar, but it is on the softer setting as im scared of tearing my subframe.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    So you would ditch the White line heavy duty mounts and use the sway bar shackles straight onto the ASR brace? I see one problem with that, it would put the bar out of alignment because the HD mounts sit about 27mm off of the sub frame(and the big white line bars are designed to use those mounts). Wouldn’t this change the dynamics of the bar twisting?
    I’m no suspension expert just an issue I could see a problem with.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe
    So you would ditch the White line heavy duty mounts and use the sway bar shackles straight onto the ASR brace? I see one problem with that, it would put the bar out of alignment because the HD mounts sit about 27mm off of the sub frame(and the big white line bars are designed to use those mounts). Wouldn’t this change the dynamics of the bar twisting?
    I’m no suspension expert just an issue I could see a problem with.
    the ASR kit is designed to sit about 27mm off the subframe too..

and the shackles can't be reused you would need ITR D brackets and Bushings.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    So the ASR kit comes with spacers because the The bracket doesnt look 27mm thick. why do you need to use the ITR brackets?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe
    So the ASR kit comes with spacers because the The bracket doesnt look 27mm thick. why do you need to use the ITR brackets?

... See in the pic u see the spacers-- dont they look about 27mm thick..

The D bracket needs to be bolted down. and not shackled on... The width for the bolt holes for the D brackets were designed for the ITR D bracket. Unless u have an after market sway bar from an ITR with ITR Dbrackets or equivalent length apart (bolt hole) d brackets then u need new ones... ...

If you have whiteline ones you need to put you shackles away unless you're going to a rave

Last edited by BlitZ; 23-02-2006 at 02:48 PM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ
    You should have really have look at the ASR website and analyse the kit

... See in the pic u see the spacers..

The D bracket needs to be bolted down. and not shackled on... The width for the bolt holes for the D brackets were designed for the ITR D bracket. Unless u have an after market sway bar from an ITR or or equivalent length apart (bolt hole) then u need new d brackets... ...

If you have whiteline ones you need to put you shackles away unless your going to a rave
    *pic clipped*
    thanks for that i hadn't seen that pic before all ive ever seen is the big hunk of metal.
    more PQ points for you +1

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    look in the next few weeks ill do mine and do a write up on fitting it with the whiteline rear sway 22mm.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985
    From the USA.
    LowEK has got it i see
    I purchased it from the same place.
    People can PM me also if they need to know where to get it from.
    And where might that be
    Whats up paul, hey lowek. I see that both of you have sent a few my way looking for the ASR brace. Thanks a bunch. Nice forum you guys have here. new shipment of EG and EK are coming in for the braces.
    Kris

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Yep Yep.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    hey im ordering a swaybay this weekend and ive got a few quick noobie questions i need some help with. ive been reading bout subframe bracing and have decided on the asr brace. I have a 99 civick hatch with no front or rear swaybars. im getting a 24mm whiteline item up front cus thats all they offer for the civics with no sway bar, but at the back im not to shur what i need/want. so far my choises are a whiteline 22mm blade adj. bar, a 20mm blade adj. bar, or from a-spec racing, get the subframe brace and an integra type r 22mm non adj bar together as a kit, which works out bout $80 cheaper, which im leaning towards.
    can anyone say if 24 at the front and 22 at the rear would be a good combo? i want to garage my civic and to build it up as a fun weekend track car when i get my next car. Also as im getting each bar seperatly, which one do you recomend is installed first front or rear. Do you guys think i should pay the extra $80+extra shipping to get an adjustable item from whiteline, or just stick with a 22mm integra type r bar.