Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz
    hey im ordering a swaybay this weekend and ive got a few quick noobie questions i need some help with. ive been reading bout subframe bracing and have decided on the asr brace. I have a 99 civick hatch with no front or rear swaybars. im getting a 24mm whiteline item up front cus thats all they offer for the civics with no sway bar, but at the back im not to shur what i need/want. so far my choises are a whiteline 22mm blade adj. bar, a 20mm blade adj. bar, or from a-spec racing, get the subframe brace and an integra type r 22mm non adj bar together as a kit, which works out bout $80 cheaper, which im leaning towards.
    can anyone say if 24 at the front and 22 at the rear would be a good combo? i want to garage my civic and to build it up as a fun weekend track car when i get my next car. Also as im getting each bar seperatly, which one do you recomend is installed first front or rear. Do you guys think i should pay the extra $80+extra shipping to get an adjustable item from whiteline, or just stick with a 22mm integra type r bar.
    Id go with the ITR ASR Brace Combo. Not only can you get it from the same place that lowek and paul1985 did, but its been proven time and again with sway bars up to 32mm. The ASR kit is top notch. Dont risk your rear subframe on your car for anything else. I run one on my car, and will be going with the 32mm sway bar soon.
    BTW, a 24mm front seems to be a tad large. I dont think there is any reason why you can not just get the stock sway bar from any other civic.
    Now for your track usage, the 24mm will balance it out a lot. Depending on your spring rates i think you might be leaning towards the side of understeer. I personally like Oversteer as i find it easier to control. Lets hear some more about your setup and i can see if the 24mm bar would be a tad much in the front.
    Kris

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    ^cheers mate^ Helps alot

So far im still on complete stock suspension, swaybars is my 1st upgrade, next im looking for a good set of coilovers, and a whiteline camber and caster kit. i was hoping to be slightly more balanced toward oversteer. Any thoughts would be helpful. maby recomendations on spring rates. ill have a search around and see if i can find somthing a bit thinner for the front.
    Last edited by Muzz; 25-02-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    is there any prob handling wise putting my rear bar in 1st, prob bout 2 weeks before i get the 2nd bar. is there any negative efects by balancing out the possible slight understeer tendency by adjusing spring stiffness between front and rear to suit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz
    is there any prob handling wise putting my rear bar in 1st, prob bout 2 weeks before i get the 2nd bar. is there any negative efects by balancing out the possible slight understeer tendency by adjusing spring stiffness between front and rear to suit.
    Spring stiffness can and will have an impact on how the car wants to swing. Also, not running a front sway bar is not a bad thing. Try just the rear and see how you like it. I have dont a lot of autoX without the front sway bar and it really helps the rear end come loose easier. I would suggest(im biased) a koni yellow setup mated to a set of Ground Control coilovers with a 400/500 spring rate. It keeps it slightly balanced but also gives it the edge closer to oversteer. If you want to even it out a little more try 450/400. That setup is popular too. Keep it coming, i love suspension
    Kris

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    ^^^^^yeh try that. suprfast is a sussy Whor3. hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    is a-spec racing based i australia, and is that price AU. they got no details of address.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    they are in the US man.

better to confirm this, are EK9 and DC2-R rear ARBs the same? will both work with the ASR brace?

Quote Originally Posted by Torment
    better to confirm this, are EK9 and DC2-R rear ARBs the same? will both work with the ASR brace?
    No.

DC/Eg are different mounting points/hole locations than EK/EM civics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    No.

DC/Eg are different mounting points/hole locations than EK/EM civics.
    Also the ITR can not use the ASR brace

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Lets clear some things up..

ASR makes a kit for the EG/DC and a separate kit for the EK/EM...

Type r do not require reinforcing so no kits are required/or made for.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

WHY CAN'T THE TYPE r USE THE ASR BRACE?