Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

weird sound when slowing down

ive started to notice a rattle coming from the motor (or gearbox havent pin pointed the source) when i back off the gas in my s2k. any idea wat this could be?.....and how 2 fix it?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    check your engine oil and gearbox oil level

also check the exhaust sheilds

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    The infamous Clutch Buzz probably?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    The infamous Clutch Buzz probably?
    yes i agree with toe on this one. To a new s2000 owner this sound is terrible and sounds as if your tranny is about to crumble .

Easy fix is to change your clutch to the later models where honda had fixed the problem.

i had that problem it is your release bearing. i got my clutch changed with toda flywheel and its gone and feels good thanks to toda australia for there job...

ye ive alreadyy checked all the oil levels and they r fine....so a clutch change should do the job?

its a comon problems with the s2k just a shit design of the clutch. and yeh changing clutch and the bearings would solve the problem...but shop around first for prices on labour coz some places thinks its hard and they charge a arm and a leg but adrian from toda gave me the best price any has quoted give me.....

Member Array
    Car:
    SIR
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmTYPE R
    its a comon problems with the s2k just a shit design of the clutch. and yeh changing clutch and the bearings would solve the problem...but shop around first for prices on labour coz some places thinks its hard and they charge a arm and a leg but adrian from toda gave me the best price any has quoted give me.....
    how much you paid?

sorry
    Last edited by jdmTYPE R; 28-02-2006 at 07:35 PM.
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

ok really freaked out now.....massive oil patch in the garage over night havent had chance to check trans oil and i havent even started it up yet....could it be a gearbox problen??? if it is its really gonna hurt my wallet

look under your car and see where the oil is coming from manual boxs normally doesnt leak oil...
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

ye just freaked me out....looked like it was just under the box but i couldnt be too sure.