Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR

how to wire 2 amp?

I have seen some relate post b4, but I couldn't search it! just a very quick question!
    what I need to get to wire 2 amp in my car! currently running one amp.
    I need to get 1 to 2 power disturbutor or something and where I can buy it?

Member Array
    Ebay in the USA look up Bag-Boy. I deal with him all the time and he has the fastest shipping and best prices. HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    Ebay in the USA look up Bag-Boy. I deal with him all the time and he has the fastest shipping and best prices. HERE!
    a no brand name one costs only $20 in Australia.

yup u will need a distribution block to split the positive wire if and only if the battery to amp wire is big enough for the job. otherwise, u will need another battery to amp cable or upgrade to a bigger one. so u have to work out how much power is required and how long the wire will be in order to find out what cable size u need.

Member Array
    dont get a distribution block cause its a waste... im asuming u have a 8guage power cable running to ur amp from the battery and ofcourse its fused. what u should do is upgrade that to a 4 guage cable and run it to the boot, then split it into 2x 8guage cables and solder them together in a 3 way. theres no point in a distribution blok its onli for those that wanna show off their systems in shows etc and for display...
    and the fused ones wont make a difference either cause ur amps are fused anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    so do I need 2 seperate fuse with power wire in order to go into 2 amp?
    Where about in melbourne I can get the 1-2 distribution block to split the positive wire?

Member Array
    u can either run 2 of the power cables u have now or just get a thicker one and split and solder it in ur boot... u dont need a distribution block, ur amps are fused... but u might have to change the fuse near ur car battery to a bigger one if u get thicker wire, a 60amp will do...
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    dont get a distribution block cause its a waste... im asuming u have a 8guage power cable running to ur amp from the battery and ofcourse its fused. what u should do is upgrade that to a 4 guage cable and run it to the boot, then split it into 2x 8guage cables and solder them together in a 3 way. theres no point in a distribution blok its onli for those that wanna show off their systems in shows etc and for display...
    and the fused ones wont make a difference either cause ur amps are fused anyway...
    distribution block is not a waste its much safer rather then solder, its not many people is good on solder specially you are soldering 4 gauge + 2 x 8 gauge is going to be very thick its very hard to get the solder right into the inner side, but thats only my opinion and for the fuse its depends on your amp, if the amp has got 40A each, you better go for 80A fuse at the Battery side but if your amp is only has 20A each you can just use 40A on the Battery side

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    Thanks all of you ^.^ its help a lot!
    but then how about the ground and pre amp wire! I can just spite it from the existing amp to the new one ? or any safety way to do it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitwy
    but then how about the ground and pre amp wire! I can just spite it from the existing amp to the new one ? or any safety way to do it?
    you can split the earth from the existing amp, but i'd really recomend running another cable to a ground point.

BTW, don't use solder to join your power cable.

Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    u can either run 2 of the power cables u have now or just get a thicker one and split and solder it in ur boot... u dont need a distribution block, ur amps are fused... but u might have to change the fuse near ur car battery to a bigger one if u get thicker wire, a 60amp will do...
    not all amps r fused. i won't suggest soldering the power cables at all. how do u cover the cables if u solder them? tape? what if it comes losse???

if only running 1 cable from the battery, a distribution block is the way to go. it's better be safe than sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    oo....so I think in safety side, I would just get another 8 gauge power wire to wire up the 2nd amp, and other ground wire to the classies, and spite the preamp wire from the existing amp!
    Thx Guys! very appericate !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitwy
    just get an extra ground wire to another ground point. strip the paint on ground point to minimize resistance and torque the bolt firmly. most deck has no problem to run pre amp wire for 2 devices. i would suggest fusing the pre amp wire to protect the wire (avoid fire) and ur equipment. if u r concern, u can install a relay to power up the output.