Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    '99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR
    CRXs were AS in 84 and came with a 118HP Browntop ZC.

wasnt till 85 when the Si came out with the blacktop 130hp and matched the early 87/88 CRX Si.

as for the output of the browntop and the AS chasis bit :P I've got one sitting in my garage.
    I beg to differ (and you might want to check with McChook's mum and Martin Donnon who raced an '84 Si)... as of 1984/11 the Civic Si was designated EE-AT. Honda officially rated its ZC as 135/6,500 (PS, not BHP - but that still rates it @ 130 Bhp - not the gold-top spec.

Linky here: http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData...309/si_sy.html

Martin Donnon of Fueltronics got his to 200+ bhp and extensively documented the build from 130bhp to 200 from where it went to set class records for various hillclimbs. You can find some limited info on his buildup in the first of the FFor HF magazines - but I had the joy of watching his car smash Hillclimb records - and it was definitely an '84 AT.

Anyway - it's a moot point - they are up there with EFs as the prettiest Civics ever built - although a Mugen 1G is a sight to behold and the EGs only lose out because the Del Slow let down the build in being ugly and... slow. EM1s are in a class of their own
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Yeah - Hang on a second...

There is a difference between a Civic and a CRX and the models associated with each.
    You said in 84 Civics and CRXs came out with a blacktop ZC and were the AT model.

I corrected that and said in 84 CRXs were AS and came out with a 118HP browntop ZC. Wasn't till 85 that they came with a blacktop ZCs.

Now the Civics in late (November 84) could have come out with the Blacktops already - hence the cars that were imported from late 84/early 85 could have very well had that option.

Its all good - just clearing it up and differentiating the differences...

As it is: both the Civics and CRXs of the 80s were definatelly outstanding in terms of technology compared to some of the other vehicles of that time. Honda was definatelly thinking outside the box (still is).

BTW: ive got the only 84' AS 1.6 CRX in WA. :P
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A