Member Array
    Car:
    going merry

The plastic guard underneath the radiator on DC2

Not sure if this goes here so mods feel free to move.

Anyways to those who has as DC2, see the plastic guard thing underneath ur radiator thats connected to the front lip, what exactly holds this up? Is it the plastic clip with the bushes or is it screws? Cuz mines just dangling there and since Ive lowered the car it's gonna scrap everywhere. Its like 10cm off the road. If possible can somone post a picture of it of describe it so I know what I'm looking for? Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    s15
    yeah mine seems to be like that as well...it destroys the look of the car from the front. guess ima try hold it up with cable-ties. better than nothing, till i find a proper way of holding it up

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    bolts.
    quite sure of it.
    and maybe some clips.
    =)

Member Array
    Mine had some bolts. I have since cut the thing off and now I weigh 1 pound less!! Woohoo .0001 seconds off my 1/4 mile time!!

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    I was contemplating cutting the thing off too but my friend goes what if dust and rocks hits the radiator. So i thought maybe id try to find a way to stick it up. I just need to push mine out by like 2 cm for it to line up with the existing holes. I wonder why they're missing in the first place

Member Array
    i think ur refering to the stone guard..

Member Array
    Rocks and shit already hit the radiator, from the front of the car! Underneath isn't going to be hurt by a few rocks and dust. If you fall in a big hole and smash the bottom of the radiator you're screwed but then you'll have more to worry about then the radiator!

Member Array
    Car:
    '99 Integra Type R.
    It's held in with a couple of bolt in the front, the rest are those screwing clips.
    They're made from a hard plastic(I think) I got a few spares for replacements. They don't last forever, once they've been taken off & on afew times. They get, sorta stripped and don't hold anymore, & fall out.

Sounds like you need this....hehehe at 10CM clearance, you'd be luck.

For sale on this Website - JDM Concepts - I want one, but I only want it for Down-force. This under tray would create more downforce than my CF Wing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EuroLuxNav
    How would that thing create downforce? It looks like it would create lift instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    '99 Integra Type R.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodericb
    How would that thing create downforce? It looks like it would create lift instead.
    I know what you mean... But what's being achived here is that it'll smooth-out the air that goes under the car. Turning the whole cars shape into an up-side down wing.
    See the air going under has a shorter (Quicker) path than the air which has to travel over the top of the car. Creates low pressure under the car...... Downforce.

It works really well once you put a disfusser on the ass. I'm working on one at the moment. Only out of cardboard so far...Just started, But I'm still seeing If I'll do the final job in Aluminum, or the Al one just becomes the mold for making it out of Carbon-fibre.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Don't cut it out, it comes in handy for those uncomfortable road scrapes. Especially if your car is dumped.

Cable ties ARE your friend.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    You've obviously parked too close to the wheel stoppers at a shopping centre.

You can screw them up, but be aware the ones you buy from Hardwarehouse won't fit.