Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone have this gear changing problem?

im finding everytime i take my car into high revs in 2nd gear and change to third, whether it be a quick or slow shift. it will crunch before actually going in.. really dunno wtf is up with that??? someone help? it doesnt do it wen im driving normally.. its only wen 2nd gear is above 6000rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    '99 Integra Type R.
    Sounds like worn-out synchro's to me - But check your oil level first.

"Manual transmissions in modern passenger cars use synchronizer rings to eliminate the need for double-clutching. A synchro's purpose is to allow the collar and the gear to make frictional contact before the dog teeth make contact. This lets the collar and the gear synchronize their speeds before the teeth need to engage. " Take from the HOWSTUFFWORKS.COM site

I was trying to get some of their diagrams...other stuff about gearboxs.
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/transmission6.htm

Hope it helps.

CYA.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Its your syncro. Im sure that at lower speeds where the gear shafts are not spinning as fast you can get it in the gear fine. Crack that case open and change those bad boys out.
    kris

yeah dude,
    sounds like your syncro's.
    it would prolly help if you did a search cause this topic has been discussed several times before
    it will deffinatly help you out

Team West Yo!

1:15:0 @ Wakefield park

When was the last time you change your tranny oil?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by vtml
    When was the last time you change your tranny oil?
    Do you have a GM dealership hey its worth a shot to ask right. Pick up some GM syncromesh. It has brought trannies from the dead to work again.
    kris

well ill try changing transmission oil.. if not ill hav to take it to my uncle (hes a mechanic)..

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    yea man jus change the transmission oil .. i should get around to doin that aswel cos mine is givn me the same wen i try to get into 2nd. have to like nurse it in.

try redline products. they are good man ther was a thread on them in the integra section not long ago.. expensive but good stuff. especially if ur car is getting on in the km readings..

good luck
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

i got the exact same problem in 2nd to 3rd crunches any revs above 3000
    brought new oil today but cant seem to find the filler bolt, and i know DIY search onli came to b16A vtec closest...
    i have a b18a1 anyone know where it is?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DCFOUR
    yea i have the same problem at 6000 from 1st to 2nd, im gonna change the trans. oil and see if that makes a difference, if not ill get the synchros checked

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    my car did that so i changed the synchro and its better but still not gone...
    i changed to redline oil shock proof its called
    that also made it a little better

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2R #399
    redline lightweight shock gear oil is DEFINATELY worth a try, put some in my box over the weekend and its SWEET. seriously, i cant believe the difference its made. try this stuff b4 you worry about sincro's ya may just find your problem solved???? you can get redline from BURSONS in melbourne or just look em up on the net. im givin it the BIG thumbs up