Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Talking Civic 2L Sports 2006 - feedback & pricing

Hi i'm considering buying a new car in the next few weeks.

Was wondering if i could get some feedback on the perfomance of the civic sports (auto :P).

Want to know from people who have actually purchased the vehicle and not related to honda (vested interests I would like an honest opinion.

I'm thinking of either the
    - 2L civic sports auto
    - Subaru 2.0i luxury pack auto
    - Mazda 3 sp23 auto

I'm a bit upset that there is no black leather, and you cant choose the color of the car and the interior.. but i guess thats how they put the price down.

The reason i'm leaning towards the honda is not only the paddles :P but also that there is a 5 speed auto. Can any one comment on the power of the low end. +ve of honda also is that there is alot of extras like mp3 stacker etc. Any bad points that buyers have seen?

The Subaru - is good, there is alot of special offers (ie 2k for leather, sunroof and stamp duty etc) that puts it up with the civic. Plus AWD is something i would like to try.. fuel efficiency is crap and accelleration is pretty poor. i think 0-100 in 13 sec. also only 4 speed auto

The Mazda - Nice looking car, handles and performs well with the 2.4 engine. Not bad fuel economy for size of motor. 4 speed auto, so not that zippy. Plus need to spend more money for options such as mp3, sunroof, cruise control. (which sorta puts it on the bottom of the 3)

Would love to hear some feedback from you all.. Also any prices and other vehicles they considered before making the purchase.

Ta
    HondaMon
    Last edited by HondaMon; 27-02-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Remember to go test drive all 3 cars. Numbers may be one indication, but you'll never find out if you and the car match each other in comfort and directness. I call it being one with the car. Hehe.

If the Subie is not the 2.0R, then I'd skip it. The SOHC engine is lethargic. The new DOHC in the R is better.

I'd be choosing between the Civic Sport and the SP23. If the SP23 has the leather pack and Bose system, I'd go for that.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Thanks

Yeah looking to test drive all three this week.

Another thing is with the sp23 is that everyone has them :P Dont look as special as they use to hehe..

I'll test drive and update the post on what i rekon ;P i'm planning to head down to subaru today or tomorrow and will ask them about the pricing of the 2.0R. I think it is very similar to the civic sports.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    just a bit off topic here, the new civ sports has a K20A right? detuned?
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Picking up ours in a fortnight. Will definately let you know....I'm going to kain the living crap out of it.

Sweet.. auto or manual?
    Would you be able to give me a breakdown of costs?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    u do know how bad it is to kain a brand new car lol
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I like to cane/kain/kane my brand new car. My Euro saw 7000rpm in the first day and I misshifted to 7000rpm as well. Hahahha.. look at my broken engine......

Just don't race or do jerky full throttle flat shifts. Giving it throttle to go up to redline and letting it come back down to normal speed is fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i
    u do know how bad it is to kain a brand new car lol
    as long as it doesn't live around redline for any extended time it's fine.

Your actually meant to give it varying loads in the first xxxx amount of k's. I don't know what the x amount is.......hahhaha.

babying it doesn't necessarily imply correct running-in schedule.

What I think is important though is making sure the car is warmed up and cooled down accordingly.

in between it'll live each 1/4mile at a time.

Bring on the EK's that want to smash the new civic.

hey what the frick is the new code for the civic anyhow? old was EK i mean.
    Last edited by MKI4EVA; 27-02-2006 at 04:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    i know i cant realy give u much advice bout wat car to buy..... but i do own a new 05 civic, i know the 06 model and the 05 model are vastly different, but i still rekon its one hell of a ride, and it can go if i push it, fuel economyz great too(if driven in a normal fashion :P)

But y the auto man??? screw that, even if u dont know how to drive a maunal, go and learn and then go out and buy the manual 06 sport, LOL...

although, the one bad thing is it will be much more difficult to stay on the speed limit, (in ma opinion anyway), a manual pushes u to go faster, and faster... haha

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Oh, and to add to what krogoth said, Wheels magazine (March) says that the manual VTi and VTi-L is as fast as an auto Sport. Hehe.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    You drive the new engine normally, don't go easy on it, who ever said to take it easy should be shot. If something breaks it would have broken anyways, just taken longer.

GM of Ford says the best way to break a new engine in is to whack a tow bar on it and tow something for a few thou...

VW says drive it like you stole it.

Seriously, just get in and drive it like you'd drive any car, forget revs, forgt speed limiting it, just turn key and enjoy.