Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R

dc2r fuel consumption

hey guys ive got a dc2r i use it to and from work and occassional fri/sat night runs and sometimes i seem to onli get 330kms from a full tank and sometimes i get 380 and rarely get 400 or over. is there a problem with my fuel thingy ? any of you guys have problems with ur fuel?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Yeh, it sounds a little low but not too much. Maybe just needs a service. My fuel consumption gets pretty bad when its about service time. The best i ever get is 450 to a tank though, and thats if i dont give the car any gas at all (like 3k rpm changes for the whole tank.) No fun though.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    yeah i tested it out and i got about 420ish kms from a full tank and that was thrashing it the whole time ( i just got the pod)...to be honest i couldnt beleive it..
    but what ur saying it seems very low

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    It depends on the petrol you use as well. I used to use Shells Optimax and would never reach 400kms a full tank, when I switched over to BP Ultimate I found that it has better mileage, I reached 420kms with the occasional vtec. Mind you this is until the petrol warning light came on.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    averaging 500 here....
    use your stock air box......

i was averaging 350 when i took the top cover out....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    yeah im using mobil eva since i bought the car about 6 months ago. and ive onli reached 400 once. i seem to find that i use more petrol without thrashing it. when i do thrash it i seem to get more. weird. im on 97,000kms atm but i change my oils every 3 so i dont know why im gettin sucha low kms.. use stock airbox?. im using apexi pod atm should i change bak to my stock one and see how that goes?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    thats heaps low! i get 500km at least

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    how big is the tank?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by nipnip
    thats heaps low! i get 500km at least
    damn how are you guys driving? Must be shifting at about 2k or something..
    Is your DC2R stock?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii
    how big is the tank?
    A DC2R tank is about 40L I say.

Every fuel indicator is different.
    Some guages show more, some show less.
    Some fuel lights come on very early, some come on when the needle has past the last indicator line.
    The best way to find out how much fuel the car has used is to remember how many litres it takes to fill up the car.
    EG. ITr has a 50 litre tank, I fill the tank full and drive until the fuel light goes on, fill it up again to full level and take note how much fuel it takes to get it to full level.
    Thats how much fuel the car uses.
    Say it was 43.5 litres it took to get to full level, and the car travelled 435 km.

Try this process a few more times and try to work out the average.
    That is the most accurate way to see howthirsty your car is.
    Relying on the fuel light or the indicator needle is no good cos all cars will vary.

Hope my idea helps
    Last edited by Bludger; 10-09-2007 at 07:28 PM.

On my interstate trip, i would still be able to travel an extra 60 - 70 kms after the light comes on. Even then, when i fill up, it still had another 3 or 4 more litres left in the tank.