Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by twing
    How about other car? which one to pull?.. What's the label in the manual?
    Is it the 'FI E/M (ECM/PCM)' and 'Back Up'?
    Could someone help me with my question?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc teggy
    Quote Originally Posted by jooboo
    hwo come u didnt remove the 7.5 fuse too??
    because i am noob. haha yeah take it out too
    48USE honda integra FOR SALE

see link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...96#post1545396

Quote Originally Posted by twing
    Could someone help me with my question?
    If your unsure on which fuse to pull you can always undo the negative terminal of the battery.

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    that means head unit needs security ID... and I lost that bloody id.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Honda CRX Si
    from what i remember in the sr20dets ECU's when you reset the ECU it goes back to learning mode... which means it learns the cars new Air and fuel ratios.. in honda's im not to sure

Pok

Member Array
    Car:
    dc teggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokiou
    from what i remember in the sr20dets ECU's when you reset the ECU it goes back to learning mode... which means it learns the cars new Air and fuel ratios.. in honda's im not to sure

Pok
    correct. should be the same with most cars...

When I did that (and thanks for the write up), the car was sitting stationary on for a while and it got REAL hot under the bonnet. Would that affect the ECUs judgement of intake temp then?

Shouldn't do. All it means is that the car will know what to do with the fuel delivery IF your temps ever get that high again.

Also, when you get back into your car to go for a drive, you should try and take it slow through the gears and use most of the rev range. That way it has more time to adjust to the new air flow throughout the entire rev range.

I forgot to do this once in my car and it was running shit for a while. hesitant acceleration as well as poor fuel consumption. Reset the ECU again, let it idle and took it slow and she's been runnin sweet every since.

thanks for taht Jason, good stuff. Its running fine atm, i might just reset it anyway to make sure.

Btw, great to have seen you stick up for OH on that 'other' site

No probs mate.

OHS sux. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    though honda dont like it when u do this coz u do clear all ur errors on ur ecu, does sometimes make things hard to check diagnostics.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    If ignition is off u only have to remove the back-up fuse and only for about 20secs if ur impatient or just bleed off any charge by grounding the load side of the back-up fuse terminal if super impatient or just to make sure its dead.DO NOT GROUND LIVE SIDE OF FUSE for obvious reasons or u like looking at a big blue spot in ur vision for a few hours.If u dont know diff between live & load just be patient.
    Also if it helps anyone,the ED CRX ECU is backed up by the hazard circuit.