Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dc5R owners

dc5R owners

looking at upgrading my car very soon, and was wondering are the dc5r integras worth the money that they are fetching?
    just calling out to some owners and what they have thought of the dc5r!
    thanks

took mine to track last sat, amazing handling. its not so better than the 2Rs but no matter how hard you throw it around the corner. it will turn!
    Almost ozhonda furniture.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Sitting in comfortable Recaro's, Steering a Leather Mono Wheel, Stopping on 300mm front brakes, STOCK!! Take it from a DC5R owner. I'd say it's worth it.

Member Array
    Great car...especially for the price these days...i.e. under $30k

Out off all honesty,
    You will not be disapointed with any integra let alone a Type R. It all comes down to personal preference, needs and requirements. These days for the money, a low km's DC5R is great value for money. None the less take a couple for a drive, and if you can, take a DC2R for a drive.. Both have pro's and cons and come down to opinion. Let us know how you go...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Renault Clio Sport
    bang for buck mods are better done on the DC5R, due to its bigger engin. and its a newer looking car as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nil
    two thumbs up

Mate DC5 are great, they are a very good car, very good engine to mod, i think maybe one of the easiest honda engine to mod and get substainial [speeling owns me]gains from.
    the non type r's are good already, and all i can say about the dc5r is that there even better.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    they are wicked cars. when i bought mine i drove heaps of stuff 350z rx8 wrx 200sx etc and yeah they were faster and i guess generally handles better but the type r was heaps of fun, was cheaper for insurance, fuel (depending how often you vtec) and i just couldnt go past those recaros. i did drive a dc2r as well but i have always preferred the shape of the 5.

Newcomer Array
    best n/a car you can buy thats equiped with options...looks..handling..power..interior..theres not much cars that have a mean look on the outside and the inside..perfect for everyday driving compared to dc2r atleast..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    depends on what are you looking for.......DC2R are raw, racing machine....a lot of engine and road noise but they are quick and great handeling...
    As a DC5R owner....I can tell you when you get one......you will never turn back.....great fuel economy........great comfort Recaros....compare to 2Rs......less road and engine noise.......and better view....as they are sitting a bit higher.....for a car under 30k...you get recaro....6 speed close ratio gear box.....LSD......climate control AC.....S2K brakes.....what do you want more.....and a lot of stuff to mod....as the JP tune up companies still investing more new part for it.....unlike the DC2Rs......hope that helps.....