Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Yeah you can do that but its hard on the clutch and also it realy depends on what clutch you have, so there is no 1 answer to the question. If a stock clutch, you can into vtec but need to be very gentle when releasing the clutch to prevent wheel spin or most of it anyway. Plus also depends on your Rim+tire setup and the quality of tire :roll:

hell why not just bounce it off rev limiter and then dump the clutch raping you clutch plate / pressure plate and snapping your fly wheel in half :lol: i know i did but i was on grass lol ...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ahhhh i'm starting to get the hang of it... i think... \

one thing hto... if i'm driving "fast" ( or at least wanting to)...should i be accelerating while i am changing gears? i tried it today...seemed faster... but i didnt want to break nething so i stopped doing it after a while...

:P

Banned Array
    Umm yes for definetly. Your speed still goes up but not as fast as when your in gear. I mean you should know, its just common sense and physics 101.

Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    ahhhh i'm starting to get the hang of it... i think... \

one thing hto... if i'm driving "fast" ( or at least wanting to)...should i be accelerating while i am changing gears? i tried it today...seemed faster... but i didnt want to break nething so i stopped doing it after a while...

:P
    flat shifting is stupid and bad for your clutch ... try learning to double clutch!

Banned Array
    He dosent haveto double clutch if he has syncro. Its only old cars (not sure what is old) that dont have syncros that double clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ahhh ic... u see i did "know" it was better... /faster/louder... butt. i didnt want to fry nething u know? :P

hahahaha so manual lesson 101... wtf is double clutching?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hahaha i did know it was faster man... buttt... didnt want to fry nething

so manual lesson 101... wtf is double clutching?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Double clutching is used when you don't have synchros or they have worn.

(Put clutch in = Disengage clutch.)

1. Put clutch in
    2. take out of gear
    3. Let clutch out
    4. Put clutch in
    5. put in next gear
    6. Let clutch out.

Of course it happens a lot quicker when you do it in real life!

Its all to do with brining the lay shaft up to speed
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

would dumping the clutch at something like 2-2500rpm and then accelerating be faster than slipping the clutch at higher rpms?

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsee
    would dumping the clutch at something like 2-2500rpm and then accelerating be faster than slipping the clutch at higher rpms?
    Ultimately, slipping your clutch in at high rpm will be the fastest, but the problem is, your clutch won't last very long (read, won't last long at all!), and you will most definately get alot of stinky clutch burning smell after 1 run.

i find i get just enough wheel spin if i launch i vtec. put it this way its not burn out spinning