Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok, what i meant in common colours is. If u go out and wanna buy a integra typeR, what are the most likely colours u'll come across, here and in probably japan. Because if i was goin to try and source 2nd JDM parts, then i'll buy a common coloured integra and it would be easier to get 2nd JDM parts to do the conversion, rather then buy a rare colour and have look around like crazy to find that colour. Im not gonna buy a rare colour and source 2nd parts from a common colour integra. U feel me??

And yeah i have been doin research, and im not gettin the answers i need thats why i posted up this forum. Like is said in my earlier reply, most i found are done in the US, and they were US prices and US workshop qoutes etc. The ones i found here that are in australia that did this conversion, i asked this dudes but these sad rude dudes dont even bother to reply. And i emailed twice. I tried all the other ones hondatech, club rsx, vtech.net, teamintegra.net, itrca, and itrsport.com. So what are some other hints u can offer me to do other then post this up to get the direct answers to what i want to know. No one else would reply to me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by IW03
    Hey how u doing, i am new to this forum. I am planning to buy a Integra Type R DC2. I just want to know how much would it cost to do the whole Front JDM Light conversion instead of the circle lights in the front.

Also i would like to know the pros and cons of the Integra Type R DC2. I just sold my car, which was a Toyota Celica GT4 (ST185). With little i know about it when i bought the car, i only realised that the GT4 is hella expensive to play around with mod and repair wise. So i sold it. And now tryin out the n\a's and VTEC's seems to be the best that i believe and know of compared to the VVTI\VVTLI's, so im goin off turbo's for now. So any opinions would be good.

How Much to do the JDM DC2 Front light conversion?
    What are the GOOD things and what are the BAD things about the DC2R?

THANKS >_0

dont waste your money! the circle lights is better unless u like your car looking like a integra LS lol

Oh and im from brisbane

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    "dont waste your money! the circle lights is better unless u like your car looking like a integra LS lol"

lol dude for wat u wrote i got no comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if a jdm dc2r looks like an ls 2 u then an aus dc2r must look like a toyota soarer 2 u!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    Ok, what i meant in common colours is. If u go out and wanna buy a integra typeR, what are the most likely colours u'll come across, here and in probably japan. Because if i was goin to try and source 2nd JDM parts, then i'll buy a common coloured integra and it would be easier to get 2nd JDM parts to do the conversion, rather then buy a rare colour and have look around like crazy to find that colour. Im not gonna buy a rare colour and source 2nd parts from a common colour integra. U feel me??

And yeah i have been doin research, and im not gettin the answers i need thats why i posted up this forum. Like is said in my earlier reply, most i found are done in the US, and they were US prices and US workshop qoutes etc. The ones i found here that are in australia that did this conversion, i asked this dudes but these sad rude dudes dont even bother to reply. And i emailed twice. I tried all the other ones hondatech, club rsx, vtech.net, teamintegra.net, itrca, and itrsport.com. So what are some other hints u can offer me to do other then post this up to get the direct answers to what i want to know. No one else would reply to me.
    dude.. the link i posted on the last page FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE had rough pricing on how much the parts cost to do this conversion, and the parts that you need. I think the info on there is pretty detailed enough. If you're questions have not been answered, maybe you should be more specific in what you want to ask. Also reply in that thread instead of creating new ones, so that you dont keep getting flamed about not searching.

If you want common colours, best bet is white. But who said you need to search for a jdm conversion of the same colour? Why don't you just buy it, put it on and get it sprayed?
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com

Yeah i know that was for my convenience, and i like to thank you for that link. And that reply wasnt because i didnt find my answer and all that in that thread, i was just stating why i put up this thread in the first place.

And the who point of me buyin a common colour integra so i can get the jdm conversion the same colour would be easier, plus save a whole heap of money. Man how much it would cost to spray practically the whole front half of ur car. I rather save that extra money for something else, wouldnt you think?? Enough money would be done on the conversion already, i dont wanna pay another say 1500-2g's (i dont really know how much just a rough guess) on a respray.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    this has all been discussed b4
    use the "search" function b4 u post

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_vti
    dont waste your money! the circle lights is better unless u like your car looking like a integra LS lol
    Well.. an uplifted LS

you do it... and you whack into something accidentally.. it'll cost you heaps more to source out the parts again! =P

I think you'll find that the common colours you find jdm from conversion kits in is white. But honestly, everyone I know who has purchased a jdm front conversion kit has had to respray the parts anyway. . . . so it shouldn't be a weighing factor on which colour to buy...

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    it'd look crappy anyway, putting fenders on your car that arent colourmatched.

Plus, why bother with the whole JDM thing, that's like 3-4 thousand dollars you could spend on boosting it, and making the car faster than XR8's.

Quote Originally Posted by yourfather
    it'd look crappy anyway, putting fenders on your car that arent colourmatched.

Plus, why bother with the whole JDM thing, that's like 3-4 thousand dollars you could spend on boosting it, and making the car faster than XR8's.
    haha if u drive a proper dc2r ..
    you shouldnt need to do much to beat an xr8 ..

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    well keep in mind there are some cases where there will be slight panel damage such as scratches etc that may require you to repaint the panels anyway.
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com