Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited

Honda unveils the new Civic Type R Concept 2006

Honda has unveiled the Civic Type R Concept at the Geneva Salon 2006, amongst a line-up encapsulating the company's approach to challenges confronting today's vehicle designers.

Full Story: http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/

Honda Line-up at The Geneva Salon 2006 Tackles Future Challenges Through Innovation and Diversity
    ·Honda Civic Type R Concept world debut·European Legend makes its first appearance·Honda FCX Concept points way to the future of fuel cell vehiclesGENEVA, Switzerland, February 28, 2006 - At this year's Geneva Auto Salon Honda is displaying a range of vehicles that perfectly encapsulate the company's bold approach to the challenges confronting today's vehicle designers.

The line-up that includes the world-unveiling of the Civic Type R Concept with its promise of fun and exhilarating performance. The quickening progress towards a hydrogen-fuelled future is amply demonstrated by the FCX Concept, a futuristic, stylish, but highly practical fuel cell car that points the way to a potential production model in three to four years' time. Then there is the debut of the European-specification Legend which bristles with innovative technology and raises the bar in terms of all-round safety features. And just to illustrate the company's breadth of expertise and now extensive motorsport heritage is a trio of Formula One machines, from the past to the present.

Civic Type R Concept: dynamic styling, exciting performance
    With a level of success way beyond Honda's initial expectations, the Civic Type R which ended production last year proved a smash hit among those seeking the thrills of a sporty, high performance car, yet still delivering a strong dose of practicality, and all at an affordable price.

The bold styling and 200 PS DOHC i-VTEC engine of the Civic Type R Concept provides a clear indication of how the final production car will appear; driving enthusiasts are unlikely to be disappointed.

THE CIVIC TYPE R CONCEPT
    The practical nature of the current Civic Type R made it a car for everyday driving, yet one that just as equally delivers instant performance, plus fun handling, on demand. That dual personality thrilled over 35,000 customers, far exceeding initial sales forecasts during its relatively short production run.

Last year Honda announced it is to build a successor, and while the previous model is a tough act to follow, the credentials of the Civic Type R Concept which makes its world debut at Geneva, suggests that the new car will attract a whole new wave of enthusiasts.
    Bold and emotional styling is teamed up with a development of the previous Type R's race-proven, high-revving pedigree DOHC i-VTEC engine. 200 PS delivered from a capacity of 2.0 liters without resorting to a turbocharger defined the character of the old model and will equally define the character of its spiritual successor. The promise then is of a performance hatchback that will be as exciting to drive as it will be to look at when it goes on sale at the beginning of 2007.

A new 3-door version of the Civic, which shares DNA with this Type R Concept model, will go on sale in Europe later this year. It makes use of many of the styling themes that have brought such wide praise for the recently introduced Civic 5-door.

Civic Type R and the rest of the Civic 3-door range, will be exclusively built alongside the Civic 5-door range at the Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM) plant in Swindon.
    Last edited by wynode; 01-03-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    I like it. A lot. The yellow would line up SO nicely with my GSXR600

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Formula Red AP1 S2000
    fffwwoooaaarrrr......thats wwwwhooooooorrtttttt
    2001 95 Integra VTIR
    2006 97 Prelude VTIR
    2007 01 S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyf1
    fffwwoooaaarrrr......thats wwwwhooooooorrtttttt
    bu11shit man thats one ugly POS, looks like a Odessy at the front and pergot 206 at the back, and its too bubbly and shit... looks like it was made in korea. (hyundai style) . will never buy ir or even think of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_vti
    bu11shit man thats one ugly POS, looks like a Odessy at the front and pergot 206 at the back, and its too bubbly and shit... looks like it was made in korea. (hyundai style) . will never buy ir or even think of it.
    !@#$%$^&
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Nah dude, I reckon it looks perfectly trick. I love it
    The only hard question, provided Honda AU brings in the real thing, will be to decide between black and yellow. That will be a tough one.

And once again

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Check out extra stuff here - http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/civictyper06_08.jpg [cool image with Button in it!]
    http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/civic_type-r.asp [specs]

Those wheels are massive!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Quote Originally Posted by zco
    !@#$%$^&
    ditto to that

ffs wot is everyone getting excited about... its the UK civic with black front/tail lights

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Well i like it .. a lot !

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    Yo all can i hear ya'll say POS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Formula Red AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_vti
    I guess some people are still holding on to that 90s look, sleek and with a ridiculously high wing. I’m happy that Honda has gone for a radical look. If you want conservative, go buy a Korean. Civics are, and have always been bubbles.

Don’t get so emotional dude. It’s a difference of opinions. I’m sure like the DC5R it will win people over eventually
    2001 95 Integra VTIR
    2006 97 Prelude VTIR
    2007 01 S2000