Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    The 5 gen prelude Vtir In manual does 7.2-7.4 and the 4th gen prelude can do 6.8 0-100.

Quote Originally Posted by berniebern
    0-100 in 7.8 isn't too bad though. Just 0.4 off the Clio. I'm sure I could gain a few extra ponies with standard i/h/e mods

clio's are so ugly and theyre known to have so many problems.................... enuf said.. gen 5 preludes hav style and once u mod them they can be quite dangerous h22a is an awesome motor

Quote Originally Posted by vtek
    The 5 gen prelude Vtir In manual does 7.2-7.4 and the 4th gen prelude can do 6.8 0-100.
    i think u got jap spec times there man

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    ^^ LOL

fairly cheap price preludes go for these days itll probably still be cheaper than a clio mods included...
    Not exactly Can pick up a 2002 Clio 172 with 50,000 k's for about $19,000. Preludes are going for around $22-25k. Lude's are retaining their value so well which is another selling point.

i was refering to the clio 182 which is newer and still more expensive than a 5th gen as far as i know? the 172 will not really be that much quicker than a 5th gen only a 182 will be. So comparing a 172 vs. prelude, prelude gets the easy win IMO.

i wouldnt say they are retaining their value THAT well... afterall the cost what.. like nearly 50k+ on road back when they were on sale and now you can find them for low 20's and sometimes even under? The prelude has never been a super popular car in australia, but that's appeal.. theire uniqueness

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    i was refering to the clio 182 which is newer and still more expensive than a 5th gen as far as i know? the 172 will not really be that much quicker than a 5th gen only a 182 will be. So comparing a 172 vs. prelude, prelude gets the easy win IMO.

hmmm...there's 0.2 sec difference between the 172 and 182. 172 does 7.4's and 1/4 mile in mid 14's. It's around the track that the 182 will blitz the 172.

That said, I reckon the Prelude would catch the Clio in a straight line battle granted both are prepared to break the speed limit and there is enough straight road.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    nah it was actually yank times.

Quote Originally Posted by dc4t
    i think u got jap spec times there man

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    u test drive da granpa car yet?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Renault clio sports is a really fast car ....very good handling as well!

Member Array
    Car:
    WRX and R32
    If u can get a 182 get that. If not, then a manual prelude.

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    Quote Originally Posted by berniebern
    hmmm...there's 0.2 sec difference between the 172 and 182. 172 does 7.4's and 1/4 mile in mid 14's. It's around the track that the 182 will blitz the 172.

That said, I reckon the Prelude would catch the Clio in a straight line battle granted both are prepared to break the speed limit and there is enough straight road.
    wow 172 cutting into 14sec 1.4 mile? I think its more like mid 15sec considering the 182 would be doing high 14-low 15s in stock form. I wouldn't even consider the clio because they are fugly to look at, the seating position is similar to that of a bus and the quality is questionable.

I exaggerated those 1/4 mile times a little bit Here's a timeslip.

Note, this is stock with plenty of wheel spin

Are there any gen 5 timeslips to compare with ?
    Last edited by berniebern; 30-03-2006 at 09:12 AM.