Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civic exhaust

Civic exhaust

hey guys.....
    I just got my exhuast put in.... i've noticed that when im on idle and the air con is truned on.... the exhuast gets louder when the air con runs... then when it stops the exhaust goes softer... is that normal :S

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    well dont the revs incrrease when you put aircon on???

pretty sure htey do.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

nah i don't think so.. never noticed that...

its like when the air con compressor comes on... the exhuast gets abit louder...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92 w/ b16a2
    When i turn my aircon on while driving i lose heaps of power from the car...is that normal??

Quote Originally Posted by Latin_CivicSi
    When i turn my aircon on while driving i lose heaps of power from the car...is that normal??
    yeh that it normal....

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    its normal. aircon runs off the engine and puts more load on the engine. hence it works harder and produces more exhaust.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

I got that too, i guess it's pretty normal. I refer the aircond button on my civic as ON/OFF sport mode ; ) When I put my foot down with aircond on at first, then turn it off, there's a sudden increase in power ; )

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    ha yeh, its a 1hp shot of nitrous button....

yeh u will lose power wit the aircon on because it takes power from the engine to power the air conditioner..

and as weq said, the exhaust will get louder cos the engine is pumping harder to power the air con..

nic
    dc5r in the works....

coolies thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    perfectly normal
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwillz
    perfectly normal

Does flicking the air conditioning off and on place any additional stress on the engine?
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.